Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HEY EVERYONE, I WENT FOR A BIT OF A DRIVE TO DAY, TO A SPOT THAT LOOKED LIKE NO ONE HAD BEEN THERE FOR A WHILE. THE ROAD WAS LITTLE MORE THAN A DIRT TRACK, WITH YOUNG TREES GROWING IN THE MIDDLE OF IT. DROVE AS FAR AS POSSIBLE, THEN WALKED ABOUT A MILE. THERE WAS SIGNS OF ALLUVIAL GOLD DIGGINGS.I WORKED THE GULLY WITH MY MINELAB FOR ABOUT 2 HOURS WITH LITTLE LUCK. THE TEMP IN THE SUN WAS ABOUT 39 C [ over 100 degrees] , SO I WONDERED BACK THE ALONE THE TRACK TOWARDS THE CAR. SUDDENLY GOT A HIT ON THE MINELAB. IT WAS A SILVER COIN {1 OZ}. ONE SIDE HAS AN EAGLE AND A BELL AND THE OTHER A SET OF SCALES.WRITTEN ON ONE SIDE IS america ...america...one ounce.999 fine silver. THE COIN HAS NO DATE ON IT BUT IT LOOKS MODERN. THIS IS NOT THE SORT OF PLACE TO FIND A COIN LIKE THIS.I LIVE IN AUSTRALIA. ANYONE GOT ANY IDEAS ON HOW SUCH COIN GOT HERE. TINPAN AND BROWN SNAKE

Upvote 0

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent find and a surprise! That would be an odd thing to carry around and lose as it's a commemorative type coin and only worth it's weight in silver, which is real good lately. Here's a crazy idea, maybe an Aussie detecting club had a rally around there sometime ago and you found one of the prizes and they did some dry washing for gold as part of the detecting rally. Stranger things have happened, LOL! HH, Mike

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Wow ...WTG Tinpan....some people carry silver tokens for luck....lucky for you that is! No matter...its yours now and a good find! And no snakes either!!! :)

trk5capt

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2005
Charleston S.C.
TINPAN, Nice & Interesting Find, Had To Have Been Dropped By A TH'er Way Out There, Most Likely a Combination of Too Much Sun & " FOSTERS". Good Hunting. trk5capt... 8)

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• 65_1.jpg
    65_1.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 219

acevillav

May 5, 2005
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Wow :o Cool find ! I found one of your coins at a local school. It is silver incolor one side has a queen the other has a platapus swimming through water. it's @2cm in diameter . I also found a Thai coin (10 bhat) You never know what you'll find ;D

Keep diggin down under amigo..........

Acevillav

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread