1 oz Masonic Temple silver bar

DanL

Feb 17, 2007
Ellicott City, Maryland
Hi,

I'm brand new to this forum and after drooling over all these fabulous finds, decided to post pics of my own modest discovery. Many, many years ago I received a cheap MD from my parents. I used to love hunting with it even though 9 out of 10 hits ended up being trash -- and that one item that wasn't was usually a penny. Anyway, there was an area near my home in Maryland where I used to hunt for arrow and spear heads and one day I decided to bring my MD along. I found the following in a black vinyl pouch buried in a river sandbar. It's been sitting in a small box for the last 15 years or so along with some other miscellaneous stuff I found as a kid such as a spearhead, some arrowheads, CW bullets, and a small dinosaur vertebrae. BTW, my 9 and 11 year old sons pooled there money and just purchased an Ace 150. It's gonna be a fun spring/summer. ;D

IMG_1665.JPG
IMG_1666.JPG

Upvote 0

dr-quest

Feb 25, 2007
Nova Scotia Canada
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Gold, Whites XLT,Tesoro Stingray ll,Whites Surfmaster ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is the motherload,Never seen one of those before.Welcome and good luck with the new toy.
HH

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All I can say is WOW!! Thats very nice!! Welcome to the forum and good luck huntin with your boys.

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That really makes me wonder... why it was cast... how many more may have been made along with this one?? This sorta excites me to see it. :)

Bran <><

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nevermind... I just found a link for this...

http://koinpro.tripod.com/ExonumiaList.htm
Masonic Temple (logos) 1 oz. silver bar $21.99

It's almost halfway down the page, but the link doesn't seem to work anymore for it.
Guess it's not as unique as I thought... *shrugs*

Bran <><

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread