1 Silver thats all..Video!!

zaxfire69

Bronze Member
Jun 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 / Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well 1 Silver this morning turned out to be a sweet find. Decided to move from my favorite spot where I have been finding some Barber Dimes, WW1, Civil war stuff. Started detecting and got a strong quarter signal. It was real shallow. Like 4 inches on my F75 so I figured it was a clad quarter. I decided to dig the plug and boy am I glad I did. I dug the plug and saw silver. I put my machine down and ran back to my car to grab my camera. It is so hot in Mississippi today I didn't want to sweat on it so I left it in the car. I ran back and took the video. Boy what a surprise. Like I said in the video I am super stoked. 1876 Seated Liberty quarter. It is worn but the date stands out. I am happy. Hope ya'll like the video. :thumbsup: zaxfire69

Upvote 0

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
awesome quarter and nice video
i got my first seated last month and it was a quarter too 1869, wish i had it on video like yours

jtshombre

Jun 23, 2007
Montana Prairie
Detector(s) used
White's M-6
:thumbsup:Stellar find, I envy you the warm weather, it's SNOWING here today, in the 20's and blowing like crazy. SUPER find, from American's centennial & the year of Custer's Last Stand, well done my friend! :headbang:

peanut

Apr 19, 2009
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is awesome! I love those seated coins. Great video. :thumbsup:

ziphius

Oct 17, 2007
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab E-Trac, Whites Surf PI Dual Field
Hey zaxfire69, that's an awesome coin! :thumbsup: Do you remember what ID the F75 gave it? Was it in the 85-87 range? Or more clad-ish, 83-84?

Jim

OP
OP
zaxfire69

zaxfire69

Bronze Member
Jun 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 / Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
snyper77 said:
Awesome find! I sent you a PM, where ya located "in the south"? I'm in Greenwood, MS. Maybe we could hunt sometime.

Greenwood is a good ways away from Natchez. Maybe we can plan a hunt soon. That sounds fun.

OP
OP
zaxfire69

zaxfire69

Bronze Member
Jun 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 / Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ziphius said:
Hey zaxfire69, that's an awesome coin! :thumbsup: Do you remember what ID the F75 gave it? Was it in the 85-87 range? Or more clad-ish, 83-84?

Jim

Actually Jim it bounced from 77-81-87...Bounced around...But i figured it to be a clad, because of how shallow it was. I about flipped out when I saw silver. I ran like crazy to get the cam. Then when it come out and it was a seated....man talk about proud feeling. Good stuff right here.

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That Seated is wonderful!

It's really a neat feeling when you see that reeded edge peeking through the dirt :)

Great hunt!

Pudsbrat

Aug 21, 2004
Mena Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250,Garrett ProPointer....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome quarter.....wish I could find one like that ....only thing I have close to it is my Liberty quarter.....got some folks down at Water Valley....Duck Hill....if I ever get down that way, maybe we could do some hunting.....see ya later... :icon_thumright:

ggossage

May 18, 2009
Eastern Nebraska
Hey Zax, super find! I know exactly how you felt when you found it--sweet isn't it?! Great job! Is that your first seated quarter? Let me tell you what's going to happen next....you're going to want to find something bigger and older! ;D

Congrats again!

gg

OP
OP
zaxfire69

zaxfire69

Bronze Member
Jun 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 / Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ggossage said:
Hey Zax, super find! I know exactly how you felt when you found it--sweet isn't it?! Great job! Is that your first seated quarter? Let me tell you what's going to happen next....you're going to want to find something bigger and older! ;D

Congrats again!

gg

Its my second seated quarter. My first one I found in my backyard. Dated 1854. In my backyard no less. I dug a V nickel out there as well.

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find there those seated coins are awesome congrats.

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sweet find! I subscribed to your videos as well

OP
OP
zaxfire69

zaxfire69

Bronze Member
Jun 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 / Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Goes4ever said:
sweet find! I subscribed to your videos as well

Thanks Goes4ever I will keep em coming.

OP
OP
zaxfire69

zaxfire69

Bronze Member
Jun 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 / Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Snyper77 your inbox is full. My pm can't get to you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions