1.WW army training area finds and more

Sand

May 20, 2005
Germany
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250; Minelab Explorer II
Found a spot where german 42. Infantry regiment stationed in my town was exercised for some decades starting from 1800s until second WW. But before I conducted some eye hunting on the field used by army as trash point until 1940s.

2 hours of walking on it brought not much_ because I was here already many times and it is hard to see something on the surface ß most of stuff is already collected by me and other searchers. Nice ink pot, aluminum calender dated 1939 in bad shape, as well as several coins from 1920s.

2006-12-08_glass.jpg

The best is this eagle pin from WHW ("Winterhilfswerk", made to help german army in hitler Germany) series

eagle_1.jpg

At night I spent 3 hours on the new field which appears to be almost empty. This is nice unusual relic - looks like dog

dog_1.jpg

That coin was the first find of the hunt, it is dated 17??, should be Saxony - Hildburghausen but I am not sure yet.

1kr173x_unknown.jpg

Next day I visited a place made of clay so could not walk much because of 5-10 kg of clays on my shoes every 5 minutes.

2006-12-09.jpg

"The best of the day" :) is this molten tin piece

sn_1.jpg

This tag says "haman 654", probably I'll never know anything about

haman.jpg

Small seal matrix with initials, it had originally a wood handle_ which is lost.

8_print.jpg

And on sunday I finally got to the training spot of army, where I hoped to find interesting rellics. But now it is covered by young forest and blackberry bush, so it was not much area to detect. I found some training cartridges, some unknown Zn plates without any marking, few hitler coins, couple of buckles. Looks strange, but I should come there again, probably I was not exactly at the spot.

2006-12-10.jpg

Upvote 0

viper771

Jul 17, 2006
Germany
Hey thats cool stuff! Where in germany are you located? Maybe we can go hunt sometime! I have 3 silver spoons that match your fork. :) maybe we can find some knives and make a set ;D Keep up with the finds!

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wowm very nice finds...love the relics

HH
-GC

Dave N Japan

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2006
Japan
Detector(s) used
CZ-3D, CZ-20,CZ-21, F-75 LTD, AT Pro, F-44
Fisher Impulse 8 and 10,
GTA 750 CTX (new)
ADS Master Hunter 7 (Retired)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looking good!

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice!

Love the ink bottle?

hh

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice find. viper is turning green with envy

OP
OP
Sand

Sand

May 20, 2005
Germany
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250; Minelab Explorer II
aa battery said:
viper is turning green with envy

I hope no_ he is full military member :) - I turned off iron signals after my first grenade (I hope it was the last) 2 years ago :

IMGA1253.jpg

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oops! I thought that piece of melted slag was something my dog left! ;) The ink bottles are really unique, haven't seen them before. Great finds. Monty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread