10,000 dimes with photo

gordon and tanner

Dec 10, 2009
South East, MI
Detector(s) used
my eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
We have been coin roll hunting since 2009. It has been very difficult to find bags off machines in the Detroit Metro Area. One of the banks I use was taken over by another and they will sell us bags of their machine. We were able to by a bag of $1000 in dimes. It is kind of nice not to have to unroll them. We have never been big into dimes but have done them from time to time.

We scored 3 silver dimes. 1947, 1959, and 1964. We also scored a some beat up cents. The teller said the bags fill up often near the end of the week. They have $50 bags of cents, $1000 bags of dimes and quarters. She said they have halfs but it rarely fills up.

It was fun we hope to do it again.

Keep on Searching
Dad and Tanner

Attachments

• birthday parties 338.JPG
    birthday parties 338.JPG
    667.9 KB · Views: 152
Upvote 0

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice to see you post! I am able to buy bags from a small bank also, but this bank's dime bag, also $1,000, fills up every 3 weeks or so. I haven't had much luck with the 3 bags I've bought so far. I am looking forward to seeing more of your posts. And it is kind of strange, but I actually prefer CWR dime rolls than the bag, I can search the rolls quicker :)

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Decent little score. Congrats on finding a bank willing to sell bags off the counter. Those bags of halves that rarely fill are exactly the bags of halves you want to buy. Keep an eye on that one. My advice is when it reaches a certain point, top it off yourself and buy it to make sure it doesn't "get away."

Rascal

Feb 5, 2012
Western Arizona
Detector(s) used
Number 1 Mark II Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Other
Really good to see you posting, and congrats on the finds. Do miss your penny wars threads, though. Those were always inspiring and informative.

Rascal

hokiemojo

Jan 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
If the 1/2 bag rarely fills up, that would be a good thing. No one is dumping there (-: nice finds!

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
The title says 10,000 dimes with photo. I only count 3 dimes and 4 one cent pieces (two of which have been chewed). I'm disappointed in your photography and mathematical abilities.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread