10/21/09 unscheduled road trip.

Cherryman68

Feb 19, 2009
Henderson Tx
Detector(s) used
Whites IV
Well today I didn't intend to hit any banks but as we all know can happen my truck took over and just started pulling over into banks. It was really weird. I think my truck my be bumblebees inbred 1/2 cousin or something..... anyway.

I made a new relationship at a local bank that I got the last bag from because I realized I knew the bank president. They are now saving me all the bags from the machine and ordering me anything I like. Life is good.

The first bank I stopped to ask at had a few loose and I noticed they were working on the counting machine. I asked if I could buy from the machine and they said " any other day yes" Apparently the machine malfunctioned and started dropping the coins in the wrong bag and mis counting also. So they were going to have to HAND COUNT all the bags and balance them but she told me I could come back tomorrow and pick up what ever I like. Cool.

Another bank I stopped at had 3 loose and 10 in the safe. While the lady went to the safe I spotted silver dimes in the teller tray four of them infact all at the bottom. Since this was an older lady, about Rich's age :P, I figured she was "holding them" but figured why not ask. Trying to be sly I asked "Oh are those the new dimes you have there at the bottom" she said "oh no not new" I knew she knew so I just said oh they are silver then hard to tell in this light. She looked up at me and said "GOOD EYE! you want them?" as she laid them in front of me! SWEET! That was my first silver pulled from a teller tray.

The next bank across the street lit up when I asked about half's and said OH YEAH! She asked how many and I said how many do you have. The other lady turned around with a chuckle and said "more than you could want" I replied "I highly doubt that" her mouth nearly hit the floor when She said $700 and I asked where the ATM was. I was really suspecting someones dumps at this point but I figured what the heck, got the money and went back in. I see a CWI box on the counter. They were all fed rolls! Now I'm happy I didn't pass it up. I could see one silver on the end of the $200 loose fed rolls and it turned out to be pretty good. Out of that $700 I got 3 40% and a 64 and a 63 Franklin.

The last bank of the day had a few loose and I could see the vault door open with a bag of half's sitting at the bottom. They already closed out the vault for the day but said I could come back tomorrow and get the bag no problem it had about $450 in it. I'll send my dad up there tomorrow for that too!

All in all not a great day but at least almost every bank that had half's gave me one keeper.

Totals are:

2 66
2 67
4 68
total 40% 8

1 64
1 63 Franklin
total 90% 2

Dimes
3 64 and
1 62

total silver 2.2 ounces.

Also 02 P&D
04D
06P

Attachments

• 102109.jpg
    102109.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 311
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Cherryman68

Cherryman68

Feb 19, 2009
Henderson Tx
Detector(s) used
Whites IV
Thanks guys! I Hope that bag does work out. maybe I can use the profit to buy a decent camera. The one on my blackberry is just not cutting it.

I didn't realize how bad those pictures were till now.

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
The one on my blackberry is just not cutting it.
they're supposed to be top o' the line too :icon_scratch:. does the camera feature have a macro setting maybe or a zoom button?
all the pics i have taken with the daughters camera phone always turned out clear and you were able to zoom it in and save it that way. not sure why yours is so blurry.

OP
OP
Cherryman68

Cherryman68

Feb 19, 2009
Henderson Tx
Detector(s) used
Whites IV
mistergee said:
The one on my blackberry is just not cutting it.
they're supposed to be top o' the line too :icon_scratch:. does the camera feature have a macro setting maybe or a zoom button?
all the pics i have taken with the daughters camera phone always turned out clear and you were able to zoom it in and save it that way. not sure why yours is so blurry.

OK OK I was just too lazy to re size it and fix it. and I think my lens is dirty and the light was bad.

Thanks for calling me out. :P

I'll fix it tonight. Man I can't get anything by you guys.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread