10 BOXES OF HALVES AND 10 BOXES OF DIMES...SILVER SKUNKED. HAVE QUESTIONS

izer54

May 9, 2013
Illinois
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello fellow CRHer's. Just have a few questions if you don't mind.

1. I searched 20 boxes in 5 days with no silver at all. Is this normal? I live in the midwest in IL.

2. I also have been noticing in the halves boxes that a lot of the coins are having black sharpie marks throughout the roll wrappers or on the coins themselves. Does this mean that I have another CRH in the area searching most likely and marking?

4. Industry question and IMHO the most important. Do the cash handling services the banks/credit unions use have silver checkers on the counting/wrapping sorters to get the good stuff before they are even boxed up?

Thank you for all your help to get a newb started..I defer to your wisdom :notworthy:

Upvote 0

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
marking coins is useless, the only thing you should get out of that is laughing at other fools wasting their time, "thinking" they are gaining an edge,

20 skunks is definitely above average for me, but for your area I cannot say. Stick with halves, dimes are useless.

maximize your volume!

drcaulfield

Feb 22, 2013
your reject tray
Primary Interest:
Other
Look at mihunters thread you will see how "worthless" they are. You just need to feel out your area and your coin companies to see what produces best in your area and try to maximize your roll on focused hunting.

GL

HH

Doc C.

OP
OP
izer54

izer54

May 9, 2013
Illinois
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the info. I appreciate it!

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Depends on your area, I would say my average for skunks is about 8-9 at a time right now, I have gone over 30 boxes in a row of skunks at 1 time, that was the most, but now it doesn't seem to out of the norm to have 10 or more skunks in a row. HH, Maverick.

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello fellow CRHer's. Just have a few questions if you don't mind.

1. I searched 20 boxes in 5 days with no silver at all. Is this normal? I live in the midwest in IL.

2. I also have been noticing in the halves boxes that a lot of the coins are having black sharpie marks throughout the roll wrappers or on the coins themselves. Does this mean that I have another CRH in the area searching most likely and marking?

4. Industry question and IMHO the most important. Do the cash handling services the banks/credit unions use have silver checkers on the counting/wrapping sorters to get the good stuff before they are even boxed up?

Thank you for all your help to get a newb started..I defer to your wisdom :notworthy:

1.) You can expect that because Midwest territory in Illinois is my territory homie. I've cleaned this place dry. Got skunks on 7 halve boxes this week.

2.) You can expect about 1/10 of the box to have marks on them home skillet.

3.) I sayz it once and I says it again, you skipped three and went to four.

4.) No although I have gotten sealed boxes with tampered rolls so maybe if they see low hanging fruit they take it...

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
4.) No although I have gotten sealed boxes with tampered rolls so maybe if they see low hanging fruit they take it...

LMAO, good analogy there Slim.

OP
OP
izer54

izer54

May 9, 2013
Illinois
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks slim for the info, I appreciate it.....By the way,why don'cha throw a few 90%ers back into circulation for the newb just starting out....:headbang:

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks slim for the info, I appreciate it.....By the way,why don'cha throw a few 90%ers back into circulation for the newb just starting out....:headbang:

It's cause I'm so cheap I can make your happy meal sad

OP
OP
izer54

izer54

May 9, 2013
Illinois
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes I date check every coin. Being new to CRH I'm not experienced enough yet not to. Must just have started out cold is all. Patience will win this silver race :)

MIhunter

Bronze Member
Jun 29, 2011
Southeastern MI
10 boxes of halves and 10 boxes of dimes is alot to have nothing to show for it.

It is rare for me to go more than 2 boxes of dimes without silver.

Are you in a major city, medium sized city?, rural area?

OP
OP
izer54

izer54

May 9, 2013
Illinois
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
10 boxes of halves and 10 boxes of dimes is alot to have nothing to show for it.

It is rare for me to go more than 2 boxes of dimes without silver.

Are you in a major city, medium sized city?, rural area?

I'm on the WI/IL border. Near 10th largest city in WI. I think that I'm going to just concentrate on halves for my beginnings and put all my resources there to see what comes of it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions