10" eliptical coil troubles

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Makro Gold Racer, Nokta Fors gold plus, Makro racer2, Nokta fors gold, minelab gpx5000, fisher gold bug pro and many many others
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just wanted to see if anyone else has had alot of trouble with their fisher 10" eliptical coil for goldbug pro. My partner has gone thru 2 in 2 years. And i had one break also in the past before i started to use fors gold. They get where they just chatter like crazy. Even if u lift off the ground and hold still. We still have 1 good 10" coil that we compared to on 2 different goldbugs. That coil is very quiet like it should be. I ran a 10" coil on my goldbug in the past and it is very stable. Not sure if something comes loose inside or what. It gets expense buying a new one every year. They sell for around $170 after shipping. They only have a one year warranty. They usually break right after the warranty expires. I have talked to detector shops even on the east coast and they have heard of people having the same troubles. It was a awesome coil when they worked. They find very small pieces of gold. If this is a continuing problem with this coil they need to fix it. We wont be buying anymore of these coils for now, till they are better. Bought a new coil today from a after market company that makes goldbug coils that we have tried before and seem to work better.
Hope everyone else dont have trouble with theirs.

Upvote 0

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Whelp I have not used that one of the Pro but I do have one on my GB2.
The ONLY problem that I had with it was the cord disintegrated on me.
I fixed it to the best of my abilities and it still works now, but when the cord was starting to go some interference happened and caused it to chatter like crazy and then the signal overloaded blowing the speaker out. My GB2 still works with headphones, but from what I have heard, my case was pretty rare.

Now I have heard of others having cord sheathing issues though on both the GB2 and GBPro.

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What after market company did you buy your coil from (for the GB Pro)?

OP
OP
C

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Makro Gold Racer, Nokta Fors gold plus, Makro racer2, Nokta fors gold, minelab gpx5000, fisher gold bug pro and many many others
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I replaced bad fisher 10" with a nel coil around 10". They are warrantied longer 2 yrs instead of one. I have one allready been using for awhile. It performs deeper and better in mineralazation than 10" fisher. And is very quiet. Only sounds on targets. I heard they use some special shielding that performs better then others. My other nel coil is little bigger 12x 7 or so. I tested it for nel and it did great. So im sure the 10" will do just fine. They are cheaper by size compared to stock coils. There is a dealer in N.J

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'll keep it in mind......Thanks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread