$10 Million in GOLD Coins found on property of Californi

wlb42

Dec 4, 2011
Florida
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Whites TRX Pinpointer, Whites MX5, Bounty Hunter 3300 Discovery, Whites Coinmaster Pro, Whites Quantum 2, Whites 6000, Whites 6DB, Whites Beachcomber.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
GREAT FIND!!......here is a link that has a few pictures of the find, that is now called the "SADDLE RIDGE HOARD" cache.....NICE!!
Just one of the coins a "Saddle Ridge Hoard" PCGS slabbed 1866-S $20 No Motto has an original mintage of only 12,000 and is very rare. PCGS values an MS60 one at $275,000. That one coin would make my DAY!!....No,no...make that a LIFETIME....lol.

California Couple Finds $10M Buried Treasure in Back Yard | ABC News Bloogs - Yahoo

For TreasureNet members and viewers that live near Atlanta, Georgia, some of the coins will be on display at the ANA's 2014 National Money Show in Atlanta the 27 & 28 February and 1 March......Admission is $6, but is FREE on 1 March.....if interested.

Happy Hunting to ALL

Bill

Last edited:

Citiboy289

Aug 9, 2012
North Georgia
Detector(s) used
Various depends on the need at the moment
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really think the coins were in a OYSTER CAN the whole thing smells fishy ---- You have to find it on YOUR OWN PROPERTY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Think of that for a minute

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
straight up...that's where I would find it too!

mikeinOC1

Jul 3, 2006
Orange County CA
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Minelab Excalibur, Fisher CZ21
I really think the coins were in a OYSTER CAN the whole thing smells fishy ---- You have to find it on YOUR OWN PROPERTY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Think of that for a minute

Hey citiboy well you have to admit that company they hired to oversee control of the finds are petty clever in their marketing strategy to whip us all up into a frenzy before they get readu tp sell everything off. I would just hope they are just as good at authenticating the coins if I were a buyer. Did you see the piece on 60 minutes Sunday night about the European art forger who was so good he was fooling alot of art experts right and left ? Now that is just classic

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread