10 Silvers, Very Interesting Wheatie!!

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Hello Everyone,

It's been a little while since I posted, but I have still been getting out this month and doing some detecting. Since yesterday, we had 7 straight days of on-off rain here in S. CA. Some areas are very muddy, but very easy digging, and lots of new, deep signals in my pounded areas. Today, I found my 32 nd silver coin of the month so far, along with over 200 wheats. My oldest silver so far is the 1899 barber dime, and my smallest silver ever is the piece of merc in the upper right that I found today. That cut merc sounded like a deep Indian Head penny, so I decided to dig it, and couldn't believe when I saw the small piece of silver coin in my hole.

Another interesting item in my pic is the wheatie that I dug last week. I've never seen another one like it. Have any of you? Looks like there is a picture of a moose on the little silver that is bored into the coin. The carved out area on the top of the coin looks like it was made into a pendant for a necklace. Very unique!!

Thanks for looking.

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Attachments

• IMG_2335 (1200 x 900).jpg
    IMG_2335 (1200 x 900).jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 973
  • IMG_2337 (1024 x 768).jpg
    IMG_2337 (1024 x 768).jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 966
  • moose_wheat.JPG
    moose_wheat.JPG
    95.4 KB · Views: 977
Upvote 0

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
Nice finds, especially the partial Merc...that is one odd wheatie!! Congrats on the Barber too!

OP
OP
Captn SE

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Thanks, Jack and TBK.

Woj, actually all my finds are coming out of heavily hunted parks. No virgin parks in my area any more. Lots of patience/persistence and a good machine has proven that there's a lot of good finds still in the turf over here amongst the trash.

Thanks, Neil. Yes, all my cut silver/wheats are from lawnmowers. Most of the turf in the parks over here gets mowed once a week. Most of the mowers I've seen here are very large, with multiple rotating blades on them. They can really chop up coins cleanly.

Anthony, maybe tell your wife that with all the gold you have found that if you get an SE, it will be free. ;D It's a great machine, but then again, you're probably doing better than any other Goldbug hunter out there right now.

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

diggerfororo

Jul 29, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6-CZ20-Whites surf PI
Nice finds, as usual. Looks like you have another good start on silver for the year. I will be in Blyth, in March how close is that to you. Blyth is just across the Colorado river from Quartzsite AZ.

"May there always be a road"

Les

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions