$100 bag of silver dollars

tham2005

Greenie
Apr 3, 2012
sioux falls sd
Primary Interest:
Other
$100 bag of halves

ooops didnt mean silver dollars, meant to write halves! still cant find a bank that has boxes of halves around here, but did find a bank that had a bag of $100 of halves, I bought the bag, and found one 64, and 5 40%, I was pretty happy with the find, also got my normal 2 daily boxes of dimes, only found 2 today. also decided to take one of my old broken gold necklaces and ring to the coin shop today, got $170 dollars for em, decided to get 3 1 ounce silver rounds, and pocket the rest...was a great day for silver. today.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BillyOceansEleven

May 6, 2011
ooops didnt mean silver dollars, meant to write halves! still cant find a bank that has boxes of halves around here

It is pretty rare to find a bank that has a box of halves sitting in their vault. If you want to search boxes you will need to have the vault teller order a box for you. About the only time you'll find a box of halves at a bank is if someone else ordered and never picked it up.

kontrapunktus1750

Apr 11, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
There's a Wells Fargo branch about 15 miles from me that always seems to have a quantity of half boxes on hand. I've gotten three boxes from them in the past three or four months and they still have fourteen left in the vault. Since they're Brinks boxes and every Brinks box I've done has been a skunk, I don't get terribly excited when I find them.

This particular branch will only allow one box out at a time. I initially declined the box last week when it was offered to me. After a few seconds of contemplation, I went back to get it just in case it might have been "the one." It wasn't.

OP
OP
T

tham2005

Greenie
Apr 3, 2012
sioux falls sd
Primary Interest:
Other
Dont give up Kontra, the silver will come lol...Im working with wells fargo now, they order me 3000 in dimes a week, im getting in pretty good with the vault teller, in another week or so, Im going to see if I can sweet talk her into ordering halves for me!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread