$100 box of nickels made my sons day!!

bthomas71chevy

Apr 6, 2007
Since filling 95% our Kennedy books, my 9 yr old son and I have tried buying a box or two of nickels here and there just to have some fun.

We swang by a bank and bought a box (not to mention the teller said, "Here, I have a couple silver dimes and some wheat pennies too") of nickels to look for some War Time Nickels and he was thrilled to find some "others" too!!! Besides a couple dozen 1930-50's nickels he needed for his book we ended up with...

1988s in GREAT shape
1928 Buffalo
(two) 1929 Buffalo
1935 Buffalo
1936 Buffalo
(two) 1937 Buffalo
1943 P wartime
1945 p wartime

Nothing huge, but a great 2hrs of time spent together !!!
:)

-Brent

Upvote 0

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010
Glad to see someone here is getting his young son interested in the coin collecting hobby.
It's fun and exciting.
My Congrats to you!
rileyboy

OP
OP
bthomas71chevy

bthomas71chevy

Apr 6, 2007
Yes, he caught the "coin bug" EARLY!!!

(Of course I keep the fire fueled with picking up a box of something like once a month, swing through the coin shop and let him go through the wheat penny bucket and let him keep the couple bucks in change we get metal detecting)

My reward is to just be with him. :)

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hobby for our kids! I am glad he is excited! I got my 5 year old granddaughter started on a Jefferson blue book.

Nice to find that many keepers, too!

HSH,
apush :read2:

festiva_ford

Oct 22, 2010
What a great score on the buffalo nick's! 8) I usualy only find 1 per box and most of the time are no dates's. :'(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread