100 Coin Day!!! One Ring To Rule Them All!

Brett

Bronze Member
May 8, 2008
Montgomery, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC w/Sunray X-1
So I got up EARLY on Saturday and drove out to a couple new spots. Unfortunately the old school I went to first had a huge family picnic and baseball game day planned. The place was packed and I only got to hunt about 30 minutes out and around the field before I was over run by everyone. I retreated to the tot lot and proceeded to start filling my pouch with loot. A couple kids were playing around me and curious about the detector, but because they were older they listened to what I said. The first hole they stood back and watched me dig it. The second they were all up there and I actually was just going to let them keep the penny that I thought was in the hole. Well the kid sees it and pulls out a silver plated ring! He’s like, “It’s a ring!” and I’m like “A RING!? GIMME THAT!” It’s a pretty neat looking silver plated copper ring too with some kind of Hebrew writing or something on the outside and inside. UPDATE: It's The One Ring To Rule Them ALL!!! Sweet!!! See more in following posts ;)

I was really getting beat down in the sun at this school, so I decided to leave the rest of the tot lot goodies for another day. I headed to a park in another town and started scouring the shady areas under the large trees. I couldn’t find ANYTHING deep in either of these first two places. The volleyball court and tot lot at the park were filled with pea gravel so the treasure must stay right on top and people just pick them up.

When I got home I was beat, but decided to detect my yard for the first time in a little over two month of detecting. My son played in the kiddie pool while I swissed-up the back lawn. My lawn is crap anyway so I didn’t care, but I still cut ‘em like I was at the park. I found the cool Spartan looking token and wheatie in my back yard, but mostly a lot of pennies from the 70’s on up.

Then I went over to my dad’s house for a BBQ and was getting antsy to keep hunting because I had counted my coins and found that I only needed 6 more to make 100. I was going to head up to a local school and grab up some quarters, but the sun was setting quick. I donned the LED headlight, cinched up my pouch and headed for my dad’s backyard!

The first coin I dug was the 1952 silver Rosie! I had to pay my dad 60% for it but I think it was worth it considering it was my first Rosie, and only 3 to 4” down! I snatched up a half dozen more pennies, including the 1953 Canadian cent, and called it a good long day of detecting.

Nearly everything I dug was all by itself, so I consider that a lot of damn digging! Surprisingly I didn’t dig that much trash either - just enough to keep me appreciating the next penny I found.

PERSONAL RECORDS TODAY:
Most Coins in a Day
Most Clad Face Value in a Day
First Silver Rosie
First Nickel Plated Token
First Silver Plated Copper Ring
Longest Day Detecting
Most Locations Detected in a Day
This puts me over 500 coins total now (meh, but hey it's a milestone)

Enjoy the pics!

100_coin_day1.png

100_coin_day2.png

100_coin_day3.png

100_coin_day4.png

100_coin_day5.png

Upvote 0

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: 100 Coin Day!!! One of Everything!

I've tried coin shooting in the local park & know how hard it is to break 100. ie I never made it, but came 2 short once!

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x

Neat ring it,d be nice to see what it says.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

TEXAN Connection said:
Neat ring it,d be nice to see what it says.

Looks a bit like the Lord of the Rings.

litefire56

Bronze Member
May 14, 2008
Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX -10x12 SEF, 300mm, 10"DD, 6x10DD, Sunray DX-1

Hey son....Nice haul there! And I invited you over for free barbeque, not free silver! Remember.... landowner gets 60% of the finds. I hope next time you dig up a Pine Tree Schilling.

ramfan

May 30, 2008
Myrtle Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett F250/F150
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Just took up this wonderful hobby a few months ago and would love to just break 25! Been reading posts for a few weeks an finally joined today. Congrats on breaking 100!!! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Brett

Brett

Bronze Member
May 8, 2008
Montgomery, IL
Detector(s) used

Thanks everyone! I would also like to add that I did this feat with my new Minelab SE Pro w/Sunray X-1 Probe - and this is probably my 3rd time on a hunt with the new detector. I'd say I'm picking it up pretty well :)

CRUSADER said:

When I grabbed it from the kid, I was like "I think it's The One Ring To Rule Them All!" LOL!!

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used

RootMaster said:
Thanks everyone! I would also like to add that I did this feat with my new Minelab SE Pro w/Sunray X-1 Probe - and this is probably my 3rd time on a hunt with the new detector. I'd say I'm picking it up pretty well :)

CRUSADER said:

When I grabbed it from the kid, I was like "I think it's The One Ring To Rule Them All!" LOL!!

Now thats funny! I wonder if the kid got the joke or not.
You'll have to start calling the ring "my precious".

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark

Thats fantastic! Nice job on the silver rosie! :thumbsup: Does the Car Key go to a car that is around the town? If so you should find it and claim it as your car since you found the key! :wink:

OP
OP
Brett

Brett

Bronze Member
May 8, 2008
Montgomery, IL
Detector(s) used

Hey, it IS the one ring to rule them all!!! ROFLMFAO!!!

557df0e3530eada446cb52674ae38f61_The_Lord_of_the_Rings__The_One_Ring_3D_Screensaver.jpg

theonering2.gif

NOW I HAVE ALL OF THE POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MUWHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hey, its not the one ring but its a copy of the one ring. They made a bunch when the movie came out. You could get them in the box sets or on special order.

Cool find, Love the silver too....

Keep @ it and HH!!

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used

Now im really laughing, you found the ring to rule them all. Hillarious!

OP
OP
Brett

Brett

Bronze Member
May 8, 2008
Montgomery, IL
Detector(s) used

MUD(S.W.A.T) said:
Hey, its not the one ring but its a copy of the one ring. They made a bunch when the movie came out. You could get them in the box sets or on special order.

(In little kids voice) NUT UHHHHH! IT -IS- THE ONE RING TO RULE THEM ALL!!!! THAT'S WHY IT'S SO OLD LOOKING!

(puts on ring) ...

(In evil man's voice) NOW I WILL SNEAK INTO YOUR HOUSE AND STEAL ALL OF YOUR TREASURES!!!!! MUWHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Thanks for making this fun! LOL ;)

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
I keep hoping to find one of those. It seems like a lot of people on the forum have found copies of the one ring.

Too cool keep it up the Beast is an AWESOME machine.

kane23

Mar 29, 2007
Utah
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Garrett Ace 350.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sauron must have lost a lot of those rings, I've found 8 of them,good job.....Kane23

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
The Forest Management item is an aluminum tag they put on trees, and when the trees are chopped down and ground up for tot lots, those tags often go with the chips. I've found literally hundreds of them, most are chopped up or gouged in one way or another. They are junk but they sure do sound good, huh??

Congratulations.

Joe

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brett

100 coin day is ruff

I had a 110 coin day last year and was I tired.

100 holes + other junk = 150+ holes dug

Cool stuff
Bob

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread