🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I researched a town from a map that I found dated 1892 that had a park that I was not aware of. I have hunted here before in another park and found a few wheats and a ring but not much more. I got up early while it was cool and headed for the new park. As soon as I arrived I noticed the massive oak trees and thought to myself this is going to be a great day. I found a some clad but that ground was a hard as concrete. I gave up on several deep signals as it was wearing me out. I will have go back after we get some rain. Then I decided to hunt another park nearby where I have found a few good coins. On the 1892 map this park is all trees. I decided to hunt the far side in the shade as it was already getting hot. First coin was a buffalo nickel with an unreadable date (will have to clean some more), then a 1951D wheat and not too far from there a 1946 Rosie. I continued to hunt the shade trees and found a 1940 Mercury dime. I then headed for car to get some water and A/C. I then decided to check out an old high school that was not too far away. I found pictures of the football field in the 1920's. I could not get to the field as it was locked up so I hunted the front of the school. Again there were massive oak trees. I found a lot of clad ranging from the 60's to the present. Some holes had small spills. I also found a cobblestone sidewalk that was partially showing. Again had some deep signals but the ground was way too hard. There was not much grass as the heat has killed it all off and most of the yard was bare dirt. In all I found 109 coins. They included 52 pennies, 5 nickels, 21 dimes and 26 quarters. Also found the buffalo, rosie, merc and wheat and a game token. And part of a cap gun, a lid or cover to something with oriental designs on it, dial to a padlock, cell phone looking thing very heavy with battery in back and marked Prima Dona and a knife.

Attachments

• DSC01354.JPG
    DSC01354.JPG
    75.5 KB · Views: 512
  • DSC01357.JPG
    DSC01357.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 511
  • DSC01360.JPG
    DSC01360.JPG
    88.1 KB · Views: 500
  • DSC01352.JPG
    DSC01352.JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 514
  • DSC01353.JPG
    DSC01353.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 514
Upvote 0

Tnrelicman

Mar 2, 2010
East Tn
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT but missing my Etrac
Thats a great haul Randy, I bet you had your work cut out for you digging all those holes, great silver finds

OP
OP
treasurehound

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It was a lot of fun even though I got blisters on my hands from trying to dig in that hard ground. Finally gave up on anything over 3" deep. A lot of the clad was from several small spills. Once we get some rain I will go back and try to get the deeper targets that I passed up.

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
Smart. Not many days do you find 100 coins plus. Sounds like you put in the research on this one as well.

Wldbil

Bronze Member
May 10, 2010
Claremore OK
Detector(s) used
White's XLT/ Garrett AT Pro/ Ace 250
That's a great day day of TH'ing. Don't know that I could dig a hundred plus targets, especially in concert dirt ;D

OP
OP
treasurehound

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wldbil said:
That's a great day day of TH'ing. Don't know that I could dig a hundred plus targets, especially in concert dirt ;D

Actually it was much less than a 100 targets. Several were small spills with anywhere from 3 to 8 coins and all were above the really hard dirt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread