ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
timbobwey said:
I haven't been roll hunting as much since I've been out metal detecting and going to garage sales. By the way I've been absolutely killin it at garage sales this year. I did stop at a few banks while I was out and about yesterday. I managed to get $100 in customer rolls, and I got a little more silver for the pile.
3-40% and a 64 Ken.

What kind of items have you been able to get at garage sales? I see them listed here but I have never gone to any.

Jim

OP
OP
timbobwey

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well, I've bought a bunch of gold and silver. At a couple of sales it was absolutely insane how cheap it was. People just don't know the value. I got a silver necklace that had 10 individual chains all connected together to a hoop and a heart for like 5 bucks, it weighed well over half an ounce. I found a group of necklaces in a bag marked 50 cents, one of the three pieces was 14k so I bought it. It was real and I sold it to a shop for 30 dollars. My best find of the year so far without a doubt, was a gold bracelet marked 14k. It was in a little display said everything $1.00. I bought it. It was real, and it had 13 real diamonds in it. I sold it for $125. I also bought 2 sterling chains for 50 cents at the same sale. I usually sell what I get at sales because it doesn't mean as much to me as CRH finds or metal detecting finds. And usually it's women's jewelry that I can't wear anyway. I've been finding more precious metal at sales than roll hunting, and it's costing me even less money.

OP
OP
timbobwey

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jim, how do you do the quote like that??

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
timbobwey said:
Jim, how do you do the quote like that??

You can also edit out parts of the post you are quoting, but you must keep the "quote" lines that are
inside the [ ] symbols at the beginning and end of the quote you are quoting, or it will do crazy things. But anything in between those two "quote" [ ]s can be edited out.

Jim

ScoobaSteve

Nov 28, 2008
USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTX500
Nice score!

My wife and I hit the tag sales every Saturday. I go for the books and silver/gold. You would be amazed at how anxious people are to get rid of their stuff!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread