dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Go to city/town see who owns it and contact owner. Good luck, sounds like fun.

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seattle has one - it was over the waterfront-

$10 gold coins have been recovered

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Be careful what you ask for, you might NOT get it.
As soon as you ask most owners these days think liability and say NO. Or worse, you bring attention that there might be something of value and want to find a way to find it themselves.
On Flickr a group that likes to photograph abandoned sites wrote that Gary, Indiana passed an ordnance that photographing those sites (and Gary has a bunch) will require a permit and fee of $50. Like a tax on taking pictures. I haven't verified this as fact but just pointing out the possibility of problems with asking permission rather than the Nike thing....Just Do It.
My attitude probably reflects how many doors are being shut for people who's biggest fault is curiosity.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Be careful what you ask for, you might NOT get it.
As soon as you ask most owners these days think liability and say NO. Or worse, you bring attention that there might be something of value and want to find a way to find it themselves.
On Flickr a group that likes to photograph abandoned sites wrote that Gary, Indiana passed an ordnance that photographing those sites (and Gary has a bunch) will require a permit and fee of $50. Like a tax on taking pictures. I haven't verified this as fact but just pointing out the possibility of problems with asking permission rather than the Nike thing....Just Do It.
My attitude probably reflects how many doors are being shut for people who's biggest fault is curiosity.

I would generally agree, however you don't want to get arrested! LOL!

OP
OP
I

idig2

Tenderfoot
Jan 26, 2013
Ohio, Florida
Detector(s) used
Titan 9000, MPX Digital
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As things have happened to unfold... A friend of mine... (Deputy sheriff) in our county here.. Just happens to have a buddy that lives on the lake there just adjacent to this old amusement park.. He said we could use his boat.. He is going to check on getting us permission to get in there.. Keeping my fingers crossed!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread