$1000 IN HALVES, my first two boxes

nathan104

Feb 23, 2006
Emory TX
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, AT Pro, propointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I got my very first full boxes of halves in today. Should have been last week but the teller "forgot" to put in the order.

I see all these posts on here averaging 20 to 40 silver pieces and thought Id do pretty good.

Well, The first boxes yielded only 3- 40% silver halves. The second box I was hoping would be better. Ripped open the box to reveal 100 rolls of perfectly shiney halves. The enitre box was new rolls of 1997 P halves! Thats 1000 1997 P's. Wish there was an error or something to look for with those. Instead just left them rolled.

So out of $1000 I ended up with 3 40% coins. Guess its better than getting skunked but I sure was hoping for a whole lot more. Ill have to order 2 more boxes next week. Maybe Ill have better luck.

Upvote 0

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aren't those all new coin boxes frustrating? Wish there was a way of making sure that didn't happen. At least you scored some silver, congrats.

AFModell

Feb 27, 2006
DE
I ordered 2 boxes of halves....and instead I got 2 boxes of quarters marked halves...buncha crap. My real halves wont be here until next wednesday. Ugh.

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Geez AF, how inept! And these people handle lots of people's money on a regular basis. That might be why I'm waiting awhile before ordering another box. Give 'em some time to get their act together.

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
I bought 2 boxes of halves today. The first box produced nothing and the second produces one 40% silver half. :-\

Kiros32

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is even more maddening are the lucky people that post having received a hand full of halves from the teller and all of them having been silver. SO FRUSTRATING!!!!

Joe88

Sep 10, 2004
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Garrett GTA 550, &
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's happened to me, too. The whole box was brand new 2000-p's!!!

Joe

MikeOregon

Nov 26, 2005
Detector(s) used
White's V3
Yeah, Mine are all 2001-P's. They are beautiful uncirculated coins, but no one around here seems to want them...

:-[

Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions