101 post SO LETS MAKE IT BIG!oldestcoin,firstgold,greatesthobbyofalltime.

aarremaanalla

Feb 12, 2006
So its my 101 post. Im happy :D. Just getting know this hobby and all you treasure hunters. After 4 months of metaldetecting im sure that Im seriously addicted to this thing, theres no returning back. I just love the sound of my dedector, now when I have better knowledge about it. Its so thrilling to dig up some good signal when you are almost sure that there is something cool burrided under that surface.

These finds maybe my best one today, cause I have digged em in last two days. There was this beach that I searched before, I did dedect it another time and IT did bring my first GOLD! Theres two rings where I can found markings for gold, Im happy.

But most important for me is that oldest coin, its from 1680 or 1660, can you guys make it out? But its my oldest. Its in bad shape but still.. What a feeling it was to take it to my hands from 30 cm deep, under a rock. I will find older.. I will find a true treasure :D

And found over 100 coins, oldest that one from the 1800. FOund different relics, all not displayed in pics, bullets and lots of stuff. Then that little medalliong?, can you help me with that and that old coin, is it Russian? theres R and C letters on it and 3 crowns?

here comes the pics, 13 of them.

Attachments

• myhuntingmobile1.jpg
    myhuntingmobile1.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 636
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 628
  • caliber3.jpg
    caliber3.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 633
  • small4.jpg
    small4.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 624
  • indian5.jpg
    indian5.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 620
  • MANYMANY6.jpg
    MANYMANY6.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 629
Upvote 0

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Very nice finds. I love seeing finds from other countries. ;D So interesting. THose are some old coins. The one bullet you have standing up. I have found a lot of those at the White Sands Missle Range in New Mexico. THere is a military base where they test all kinds of weapons, rockets, etc.

YOu are off to a good start with detecting. Keep us posted of your finds. :)

Mirage

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
You have done very good Aarre!
Thanks for sharing all these great finds.
Keep them coming, good luck!

Smiles!
BDoo

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice finds,

The photos look great.

HH Jer

Salvager

Sep 4, 2006
Queensland, Australia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov. Elite / Explorer II
Congrats on the finds and the posts. I guess now you've been doing this hobby for 4 months now youll be with it for 4 (or more) decades!!! Dang addictive ay.

HH

Jesse

OP
OP
aarremaanalla

aarremaanalla

Feb 12, 2006
PBK said:
kadari said:
I believe this old coin is from Sweden (because of those three crowns)
Kadari

I agree with Kadari, and I think it may be a 1/6 ore copper struck at the mint in Avesta, Sweden. If so, it should be about 24mm or 15/16" in diameter.

Of course, it would help to see the other side. If it's a 1680 1/6 ore, there should be a crown at the top, with "1/6" on the left and "OR" on the right; and beneath that, a rampant lion with "s" on the left and "m" on the right.

Here's one dated 1671:

Thank you from the info :), yes this is the coin.

OP
OP
aarremaanalla

aarremaanalla

Feb 12, 2006
Trez said:
Very nice...indeed...very nice indeed.
I really love the Moto Guzzi pin...it looks to be an origional from the 30s...maybe earlier?
Love it....do you want to part with it?

Trez

What do you mean?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread