$1068 halves yields .00749% silver!! Yuippe!

AFModell

Feb 27, 2006
DE
Nothing spectacular, however, I did recieve 16 40%ers. Oh, and I snagged $68 loose from a bank and one of the halves was from there.
3 1966
9 1967
2 1968D
2 1969D
Ill be darned if some of them didnt look just like regular clad halves from the side when briefly viewed (copper and silver colored, instead of dark and silver colored). Theyre getting wiley...they must know we're on to them. Darn that crafty ole JFK. Also got a couple of interseting ones: 2 with ones, one spraypainted gold (not electroplated), one slectroplated gold with a cash money $ symbol on JFKs forehead, and a 0 inscribed on the eagles tail feathers. Ill put up a pic of em later. Yay.

Oh, and a good thing. Ive found a bank here that will, no questions asked, order me 2 boxes a week without any hassle. Im almost tempted to get them to buy me 3 boxes, but I do have a job and girlfriend, not to mention I have to eat, read, fly, and metal detect as well. I need more time guys, more time I tell you!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
A

AFModell

Feb 27, 2006
DE
Doh. Apparently I dropped a 1966 on the floor (careless!), so that makes 17 40%ers. I think im losing it.

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG on the silver (and gold)!

You're right on the edges being deceiving. Shiny new ones can look silverish too. On the other hand, dirty 1971's throw me sometimes too.

Joliet Jake

May 10, 2005
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
AFModell - I'm still chuckling from your post. Which banks can we order a life from, lol

Anyway, congrats on the coins.

As Jack Bauer would say, "Just give me the boxes of halves, you're going to have to trust me. WE'RE RUNNING OUT OF TIME!"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread