10K Saves the Day!!

stpauli914

Jun 7, 2011
Gulf Coast FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh what a gorgeous morning! Hit the beach at first light and low and behold, a fisherman had invaded my favorite spot to start at! Plan B, walked a bit further and tried a spot I haven't ever hit. First Target: A nice scratch free pair of Polarized Ray Bans! SCORE! A few other misc. targets but not much, finally fisherman moves on so I move in to my prime area.....well usually prime. Very few targets and a few fresh holes :( This is normally a beach that I don't see another detectorist on, but later as I was further down the beach I looked back to see 2 fellow hunters working the area. Always have to crack a grin knowing that I hit it first(then you wonder if you missed something that they may get) :) A couple hours has gone by now and I do not have a lot to show for it. Maybe a dozen targets with over half trash. Headed back to my exit point and considered heading in early and cutting my losses. You know that feeling when you think to yourself maybe I shoulda hit that other beach...... Well, good thing I didn't give up! Worked my way towards another promising area about chest deep and get a nice signal. Another pop top probably.....NO, ITS A RING!! Looks good, has a mark that I can't make out but it has the right color.....wait, it has a little flaking, darn, probably not gold. Wander on about 6 feet further, Bang! Nice signal, Wedding band, right color and.....YES 10K stamp!! Worked the area for another 30 minutes and found an old pocket spill with about 8 or 10 coins in all(and no pennies!). Happy to call it a day at 10:15 and head home for chores :)

Happy Hunting Everyone!!

Upvote 0

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you were well rewarded for your effort, and congratulations on rings. :icon_thumleft:

general

Sep 9, 2004
Parrish fl
Detector(s) used
White's XLT,Tesoro tiger shark, excal 2, CZ21
Great post with interesting commentary! Congrats on the loot.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice gold band...you've got to stop doing so many chores, you've been M.I.A. all Summer...congrats on a good one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread