11/11/06s finds

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250
11/11/06's finds

Got out to the same area of the park where I found that 1940 Quarter. Found some quarters, dimes and pennies, all clad I think. Haven't checked dates, but I doubt there's anything in there. Had a really good time again with the detector. Had to keep a sharp eye on my 2 1/2 year old daughter to make sure she didn't run off too far, but otherwise, still productive. I really lament using this detector knowing that its days are numbered. I'm actually learning it and getting a feel for how it reads things. The only exception today was when I decided to dig something that I swore was a can since the signals covered a nice little long area. Turned out to be a couple of dimes a few inches apart. Otherwise, I've gotten the hang of this little 1100 and can't wait to be able to get in a little deeper and have some target ID to help me out. I've pretty much set my mind on the ACE 250, but a BH 3300 is still a small possiblity. 3 metal detecting hunts, about 9 hours total and I'm loving this. Picture of today's finds enclosed. Enjoy.

Attachments

• Nov11a.JPG
    Nov11a.JPG
    23.8 KB · Views: 282
Upvote 0

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: 11/11/06's finds

Hey guy, nice finds, hang in there, I know when you get your ACE 250 your luck will really take off.

Look at my post yesterday about Silver and Copper hunt. All the finds on that page and most of my posts this year, my partner and I found using the ACE 250. We also use a SunRay probe that is attached to the machine. The ACE goes really deep and you need some sort of probe and the SunRay is the best.

HH, Ringfinder

DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Fisher F75, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

kool

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Congrats on some nice finds! Detecting and keeping an eye on a young child can sure be difficult! good Luck........ ;)

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains

ringfinder said:
Hey guy, nice finds, hang in there, I know when you get your ACE 250 your luck will really take off.

Look at my post yesterday about Silver and Copper hunt. All the finds on that page and most of my posts this year, my partner and I found using the ACE 250. We also use a SunRay probe that is attached to the machine. The ACE goes really deep and you need some sort of probe and the SunRay is the best.

HH, Ringfinder

Yep great comment Ringfinder. I have hardly used my new detector much. Have not had it long enough. But learned enough from my Bounty Hunter to jump into the CZ I have now. Along with some tips I have sure been pulling up some good stuff lately. The more you learn that detector I am sure the finds will keep getting better and better. I have seen plenty of peps here post great finds with the ACE. I sure wish I had bought one of those instead of the Bounty Hunter. Sad part is the ACE would probably have been cheaper in price too.

Hey gotta say one thing though. My current holy grail is a silver quarter of any type. And you have already gotten that one. Awesome.

Postalrevnant

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread