stringfrenzy

Jun 8, 2006
NW OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus CTX Excalibur II E-Trac White's DFX Garrett Ultra GTAx 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well...Bucksguy81 and I got out for a little hunting Sat. morning. I think if he or I had known what the day would have in store for us we would have been out earlier. We went back to the area where I had found the 43 Merc and Wheats last week. Right after turning our detectors on Bucksguy81 dug the first target of the hunt and it turned out to be a 43 Merc. I got to see him dig his FIRST SILVER COIN! I grabbed the camera and tried to get some quick video of the event. Kept the video kind of short due to the wind and not knowing how the audio would do with the wind. I congratulated him on his benchmark of a personal achievement and had mentioned how that was really neat for him to find that since I had never dug silver out of that spot although I had hit silver very near there. Not long after his good find he had caught just a little blip of a signal and had found some targets but thought there may be something else there. I came around and pinpointed the signal and dug down just a bit to find a 1902 Barber dime. After we looked at it Bucksguy81 said "You're the one that dug it...it should be yours." So we kind of thought of the Barber dime as a collaborated effort that helped to make a great day even better with both of us getting silver. It was a great day to be out enjoying the weather and it was even better to see him dig his first silver coin...I think I may have almost been happier to see him find his first silver coin than he was to find it.

It was a great day. Good weather, seeing someone make a personal achievement, friends helping each other to make the day even better and both of us finding silver in the hunt made for a awesome time and a very memorable day. CONGRATS TO BUCKSGUY81 ON HIS FIRST SILVER COIN!!!

Thanks for viewing and HH.

Attachments

• DSC00927.JPG
    DSC00927.JPG
    67 KB · Views: 899
  • DSC00928.JPG
    DSC00928.JPG
    73.5 KB · Views: 943
  • DSC00053.JPG
    DSC00053.JPG
    39.8 KB · Views: 963
  • DSC00929.JPG
    DSC00929.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 933
Upvote 0
T

TreasurdiggrNY

Nice hunt, congrats on the finds and to Bucksguy81 on his first silver, my first was a merc too :icon_thumright:

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
congrats guys on the silver, and for Chris, let me say it is about time...lol

OP
OP