tallguybry

Jan 12, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Other
YUP.

I told the Lead Teller that I would be over to pick them up as soon as my work schedule allowed it. "No problem" she said. They came in last Wednesday and she left me a voice mail informing me of thieir arrival.

So I walked in to pick them up today AND SHE SOLD THEM TO SOMEONE ELSE!! She said someone asked for them, so she sold them to free up room in the vault. REALLY??

I learned my lesson. Next time boxes come in and I can't pick them up because I am at work, I'll send my Wife to pick them up!!

Ok, I'm done ranting....

Upvote 0

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
YUP.
I learned my lesson. Next time boxes come in and I can't pick them up because I am at work, I'll send my Wife to pick them up!!

Yup. It takes up space, has to be counted, and if you don't pick it up soon, it gets frustrating for a bank and they may not want to order it for you next time. Waiting over a week was several days too many. She maybe should not have sold it from under you, but you have to respect their point of view of dealing with large amounts of coin sitting around.

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Yea - week is way too long. A couple days is even pushing it. If you have a wife that will help out you are lucky! If you are looking for a regular source you have to pick up promptly. Never had a box given away that bank would admit to.

Maine_Jim

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
If I can't pick up a regular order when I usually do, or a special order when they call me, I let them know that I can't get there, and ask if it's ok to pick them up on whatever date I can make it. If for whatever reason it sounds like it's going to be an imposition, I'll do whatever it takes to get the boxes picked up. No sense burning bridges.

You're right; lesson learned. :thumbsup:

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny, for the second time in a week I jumped somebodys order. You snooze you lose.

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bigscores. Are you saying you sniped it?
If you want to call it that. Come into my area and compete with me, that's fine... just don't go to banks that I'm already ordering from that like me. Because if they let me, I'll buy everything they have on hand, including your orders.

"I'll take everything" is my slogan, more or less.

Side note, that pickup was really awkward. The people next to me were complaining about an overdraft fee ($15 at this CU) and were saying how they were struggling and couldn't afford to feed themselves and they were about to lose their house... and here I am buying a whole bunch of boxes of halves... kind of puts things into perspective in terms of how lucky we are.

Last edited:
OP
OP
tallguybry

tallguybry

Jan 12, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Other
I hear ya guys. I learned my lesson and it will not happen again!

H$H!!
TGB

projJakarta

Jan 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Trust me, it's not a bad lesson afterall. I bet 95%...they were SKUNKS. Yep...4 less skunks to worry about.

From next week on, you or your wife will have to be there when they deliver. This is what I've been doing routinely....well, except for last week, lol. I need some snipers out there to kill some skunks for me, please...they're still on the loose. I just can't contain them.

Last edited:

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The four boxes I ripped that were somebody elses order were far from skunks; They produced 5 90%ers and 7 40%ers. Sucks for them.

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bummer TGB , but ya you gotta get them within a day or 2 or the tellers will be happy to get rid of them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread