tnt-k9

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2010
Dutch Caribbean
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The month of August has been crazy bleak for finds. I had resigned myself to the fact that I had gone an entire month without finding a single gold ring. I know that may sound pretty egotistical but in my location it is almost unheard of.
Then at 4:15 this afternoon I got a call from my favorite Dive Shop owner. She said she had someone who was very sad and had lost their ring in the sand. I asked if they were still there and she replied yes. I told her I would be there in 15 - 20 minutes.
I get to the beach and a fellow runs up to me and says “Hey, these people just lost a diamond ring” I look over to where he’s pointing and there are at least 4 people within a circle of lounge chairs spraying sand. I told him that the woman had called me and to go tell those people to stop what they are doing.
I go over with the Dive Shop lady and make introductions and get a description of the ring. I said “anything I find that doesn’t match the description belongs to me” The guy says, “What! I’ll know my ring when I see it”. I said, listen to what I’m saying to you and repeated myself. He finally got it.
The first signal was a penny and as I raised it up I said see. This penny is mine! People who were nearby in the water and on the beach thought that I had recovered the ring and started clapping and cheering. I just shook my head and slipped the penny into my pouch.
Then the next signal I got I slipped the sand scoop in and shook the talcum like sand from my scoop and in the bottom I saw that magic yellow color and the sparkle of diamonds.
Cheers and hugs all a round then pictures. I finally got gold in the month of August 2013 with ice. It was 14K with what I’m guessing was at least 1 ½ carat worth of ice.
The last day of their honeymoon, he was able to scrape up $35.00 of reward money. I offered the Dive Shop lady $15.00 for calling me and she only accepted $5.00.
Thanks for looking and good luck out there.

Attachments

• IMG_0372.JPG
    IMG_0372.JPG
    29.7 KB · Views: 357
  • IMG_0373.JPG
    IMG_0373.JPG
    38.5 KB · Views: 369
Last edited by a moderator:

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Just never know, last minute gold for the month and a return for you, WTG, now on to September!

Cliff

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice save! You did a great thing! I bet you nearly died when you watched the people scatter sand and potentially the ring all over the beach.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions