dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was wondering the same thing. I bought a small coil for my vaquero and the cable is incredibly long.

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Long cables are for hip mounting control boxes on heavier detectors such as the Tiger Shark etc. However, I don't see where that would be desirable on nearly any detector that the new coils will fit. Tesoro does list them on the website with either cable so maybe order one direct?
luvsdux

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a new one with the short cable for sale. I ended up with two because the new black Vaquero that I just bought came with one. I don't need two.

tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a new one with the short cable for sale. I ended up with two because the new black Vaquero that I just bought came with one. I don't need two.

tabman

Search coil is no longer available.

tabman

OP
OP
JOe L

JOe L

Aug 24, 2007
Colonie, NY , That's around Albany
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well received my SC 11x8 RDS DD, today, thanks Tab. Mounted it up and only time for air test, which, I know is no real test. But my findings over the stock coil. It will cove more distance out in the farm fields for sure. Feels a bit heavier, and as for air test depth..... About the same depth on 9.5 sens but it does get a bit more if I super tune than the stock coil. Now, I don't run on super tune but, once I hit the fields I believe it will be an advantage on ground covered.
But, I do notice a bit better threshold change on all metal, be it small, but noticeable. I like it and it will stay mounted.

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
I use it and can't tell any difference in weight from the stock coil.

Last edited:

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well received my SC 11x8 RDS DD, today, thanks Tab. Mounted it up and only time for air test, which, I know is no real test. But my findings over the stock coil. It will cove more distance out in the farm fields for sure. Feels a bit heavier, and as for air test depth..... About the same depth on 9.5 sens but it does get a bit more if I super tune than the stock coil. Now, I don't run on super tune but, once I hit the fields I believe it will be an advantage on ground covered.
But, I do notice a bit better threshold change on all metal, be it small, but noticeable. I like it and it will stay mounted.

I'm glad it arrived safely. I set the threshold just barely high enough to be heard, then I switch over to the discriminate mode and turn the sensitivity up as far as it will go without there being any chatter. Most of the time I can run full sensitivity without getting any chatter. I found that this setting gives me the best depth. Also with this setting I can tell the depth of a target by how the audio modulates. I rarely ever hunt in the all metal mode.

tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use it and can't tell in difference in weight from the stock coil.

I can't either. After weighing both coils on my postal scales I posted the weights of the new coil and the 9 x 8 coil, but I forgot where.

tabman

OP
OP
JOe L

JOe L

Aug 24, 2007
Colonie, NY , That's around Albany
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I use it and can't tell any difference in weight from the stock coil.
Not sure what it is but, I feel a difference. Maybe nose heavy? Now I'm not saying its bad but, something. Just scanned my yard where I have a few targets, not that I buried, but something that's there and I have never dug. Use those to test my detectors. Maybe some day I'll dig them, na. Anyway she sings out great over those targets. Can't wait until Sat. and relic hunting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread