Silver Member
Aug 7, 2008
Southern Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been working on this post for the last hour, but keep falling asleep at the computer....Anyway, hunted with Craig at Ella Sharp a couple week ago and found the 3 mercs, a buff and some relics there. He found a sweet flying eagle (holed) that day, alos found a stack of 4 quarters taped together :) I hunted in the hood a few days ago and found some cool relics including the crotal bell(got a nice ring to it) and the GAR encampment token. Then today got out for a bit and found a few more doo dads.... 3 different tokens (shell, sunoco, and cracker jack) also, the toy car made in England (lesney) collectable. My first boy scout scarf slide. the little tag I believe is a key tag usually made in Mexico although this one doesn't say it. Thanks for looking all, HH, Griff

Attachments

• 12-11.jpg
    12-11.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 119
  • 12-11 coins.jpg
    12-11 coins.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 98
  • 12-11 tokens.jpg
    12-11 tokens.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 107
  • 12-11 tokens 2.jpg
    12-11 tokens 2.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 90
  • 12-11 key record.jpg
    12-11 key record.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 136
  • 12-11 relics.jpg
    12-11 relics.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 102
  • 12-11 relics2.jpg
    12-11 relics2.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 97
  • 12-11 clad quarter stack.jpg
    12-11 clad quarter stack.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 97
  • 12-11 GAR.jpg
    12-11 GAR.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 90
  • 12-11 GAR back.jpg
    12-11 GAR back.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 104

mjc_lakedweller

Nov 14, 2011
Kzoo County, MI
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro,
Garrett ACE350,
Fisher CZ-20,
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lotsa neat goodies in those pics. I just found one of those tags that says "Record Number and Destroy Tag" not too long ago. Not sure what they were attached to? Some nice looking mercs ya got there also. I love finding the old stuff as much as coins. If I'm not mistaken, that is a Weblos scarf slide someone correct me if I'm wrong. Any idea what the square shaped box is in the upper left first picture? And then underneath it, just above the scarf slide-I find alot of these around town made of copper or brass but have no idea what they are??? Great encampment token-that is a beauty! Nice digs all around - now get some sleep.

OP
OP
postalgriff

postalgriff

Silver Member
Aug 7, 2008
Southern Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MJC...thank you and good call on the scarf slide. The one thing above the slide is some sort of musical reed... I forget what there called and have dug many around here too. From what I found the record and destroy tag was attached to car keys, butusually related to Mexico. Also, the square shaped object is a make-up tin I believe. Thanks again!

Giant056

Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent bunch of finds you got there Griff :thumbsup: congrats on the mercs and all them tokens ;D

sturrat

Mar 30, 2012
Muskegon
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What part of Michigan you from griff?

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice haul Griff! Like that GAR token. Nice silver too, cool crotal, I carry a couple in my pocket when Christmas shopping, caroling, etc...wonder how much longer the ground will stay soft, prob not much, think I'm bout hanging it up for the year...hope the jolly ol elf brings me a new detector!

Mike from MI

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice haul! I like the GAR medal the most. I have that same Lesney car. My dad gave it to me a few years ago. (non dug) WTG on the silver too!

Brentallica

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW! - nice assortment of finds there Griff!! Love the GAR token :headbang: - never saw one like that before - sweet Merc trifecta! Congrats on the Buff and other cool relics too. Is the crotal bell still ringing?
I'm itchin to get back out before the ground freezes. WTG bro!!

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lovely variety, J. Love the GAR token and vintage car....no close up of it? :sad10: :laughing7: Congrats on the 3 Mercs, too.

HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread