12-9 Icerberg hunt w/Mirage and Nate-Ixnay noay ethay Ilversay

Danimal

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Detector(s) used
duh...duh... DFX
Hey everyone...we decided to meet at the Iceberg today at 11am and give er a go in the snow!
Conditions were difficult but at times not bad at all. Right away Bob (Mirage) and Nate started hitting an INSANE amount of wheaties in such a small area it was stupid-funny. I'll let them post their totals, but let's just say they literally could have opened a bakery with that much wheat!
I kinda wandered more and didn't camp out, even when I KNEW there was a lot of wheats in a small area. I kept thinking I'd find a pocket spill of silver or something, but it never came. Oh well...my back started hurting like a sumabich and it was better standing and wandering than crouched down. Bob and Nate's persistance paid off for them with some silver. The areas they "cleared" just kept pumping out wheats at all depths...just on the surface up to 6" or more.
I dug a 4' long pc. of rusted angle iron that weighed about 25 lbs...aren't you proud of me? Relicman!!
I did get another marble, a clear one with a bubble in it!
I ended up with something like 20 or so wheats, with the oldest a 1918, and two more in the 20's, and three in the 30's. Got a bunch of early-date memorials too.
Hope the pics turned out ok!
Here's Mirage digging away
12-9hunt 001.jpg
12-9hunt 002.jpg
Nate and the DFX home in on another wheatie
12-9hunt 003.jpg
The take for the day

HH all.

Attachments

• 12-9hunt 005.jpg
    12-9hunt 005.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 524
  • 12-9hunt 008.jpg
    12-9hunt 008.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 524
  • 12-9hunt 007.jpg
    12-9hunt 007.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 536
Upvote 0

ivy_walls

Sep 1, 2006
Mishawaka Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE & Garrett Ace 250
Definition of being addicted to MD'ing ........ Willing to MD in the snow!!

Way to go you guys !!!!

Mark

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Hey Dan. Nice pics. It was fun finding so many wheat pennies. I broke my record by almost 3 times! ;D 105 to be exact. I'll post tomorrow. I still think the very first spot might prove to be another hot spot. Next time we hit that area.

Now as for the headphones - they are Sony MDR-G42's. They are very good. I think I actually paid $15 for them. I know, a little extravagant but hey it helps me tell a nail from a pop can. ;) :D

Mirage

OP
OP
Danimal

Danimal

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Detector(s) used
duh...duh... DFX
Mirage said:
Hey Dan. Nice pics. It was fun finding so many wheat pennies. I broke my record by almost 3 times! ;D 105 to be exact. I'll post tomorrow. I still think the very first spot might prove to be another hot spot. Next time we hit that area.

Now as for the headphones - they are Sony MDR-G42's. They are very good. I think I actually paid $15 for them. I know, a little extravagant but hey it helps me tell a nail from a pop can. ;) :D

Mirage
I hear ya Bob....
105 that's wild...any early dates?

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
[/quote]
I hear ya Bob....
103 that's wild...any early dates?
[/quote]

Nate was cleaning his while I was picking up my daughter at the mall. I only cleaned about 13 of them. Of the 13 so far a 1918, 1926 & 1936.

Bob

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, Dan, Bob & Nate, you guys did very well today. After 105 hits Bob, can you even walk? LOL. You guys got a lot more snow than we did over here in Lima area.

I cleaned coins all day, so my back hurts from just separating coins and cleaning them. Man I had a bunch of coins to clean from this year. I'll post the totals later.

HH, Ringfinder

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another great day at the Berg! What was this place in history? HH, Mike

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
thats an amazing amout of wheats! that ice berg is one hell of a spot!

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
I am glad you guys got out and had some decent finds.
I may brave the elements today too? Congrats on all the wheaties!

Smiles!
BDoo

groundfisher

Mar 27, 2005
Merrill,Wi.
No matter what you call it ...dedication...addiction or maybe even insanity ;D you did a great job out at the berg.An awesome day of finds regardless the elusive silver.
The on site pictures were nice.I got the chills just looking at them. :) HH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread