12 boxes of halves today...

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes it's like that. Returning them is a bad idea (if not an impossibility). You will never get another coin from that bank if you do that. I went 12/12 skunk boxes one week, then 10/10 silver boxes the very next. You need to get a thick skin if you want to have any fun at all in this hobby. Get used to rejection! If you are like most of us, you'll get a ton of skunks, but the occasional big scores will outweigh them and make the hunt worth it in the end!

Dark

Aug 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet your other 6 boxes are full of 90% rolls.

Dekay

Dec 4, 2011
Detector(s) used
Quantum XT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good advice Baddbluff.

HH Dave

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
All skunks......

It happens, you just have to push through the skunks, out of the last 20 boxes I've done, 18 have been skunks, dump and order again. HH, Maverick.

Xiao en

Jan 30, 2012
Yourtown
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was in the high 20's for skunk boxes and then found this guy
Skunked6.jpg

Gilmore Happy

Banned
Jul 19, 2011
PHOENIX, ARIZONA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I once went through $10K all at once, all skunks.

Wal-mart is always hiring man. With enough hours worked there, you can retire with millions in 2 lifetimes.

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had friends get into hunting after seeing the coins i have found...after 1 skunk box they quit rofl noobs

The Jersey DEvil

Nov 29, 2009
Tri state area, USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500, Fisher CZ5, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Cibola, Garret Grand Master Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since posting on this forum your post is by far the most ridiculous one yet. No serious CRH would ever consider taking 6 boxes of unopened & unsearched half dollars back. Part of the fun is the thrill of the search & the element of surprise. If you are discouraged after getting just 6 skunk boxes, my advice to you is return those boxes & give up the hobby because you have a negative defeatist attitude but more importantly...you obviously don't have what it takes to be a CRH. Take up golfing instead...that is if you have the patience.

thripp

Jun 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Twelve skunk boxes is pretty bad, but getting more common. Search pennies if you don't want to get skunked. :)

JobIII

Jul 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even penny searchers are getting skunked for copper now. It's just a lot less common. 6 skunks would have been a big deal years ago now it's more or less the norm.

toorude89

Jul 2, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just had my first 4 box skunk. Sucks, but I am def not discouraged enough to stop getting boxes. Gotta take the good with the bad. I try to pick up a box of pennies every time to cheer me up in case of a skunk streak.

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey ya,

I went through two batchs of halves with nothing, So I bought a 2 boxes of pennies. I got about 12 dollars worth of pre 1982 95% copper, about 15 wheaties, one from 1910, and the rest I set aside to put towards my new hopefully box of halves. I can get discouraged just trying to save up for buying one box of halves. So I save up till I can get 1 roll or 8 rolls. Finally out of 8 rolls from one bank, I got 3X40% halves. Its not much after gas and the face value of the coins but hey, its a start and that was a yeah! moment for me. I could have quit after driving 50 miles, using a quarter tank of gas to get 80 dollars worth of skunk halves. but I tried something else, pennies, till I found those wheaties and that cheered me enough to go back to halves. If you are going to let one setback bring you down far enough that you don't want to open coin rolls again, I would get out of the hobby. Once its no more fun, its not worth doing.

Sincerely, GarouLady

OP
OP
alligator69

alligator69

Aug 31, 2012
Oh well l. Im going to get a couple more boxes this week and if they are skunks im done with halves

OtraVez

Aug 14, 2011
Akron, OH
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My longest skunk streak is 21 boxes. Have to like some pain in to stay in this hobby.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread