12 January 2013 ....

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They were about two hours of hunting in the vineyards .. half Reale of King Carlos III in 1761 in good preservation, three coins 17th century, also a good silver button decorated with a flower and stuff .... :hello:

1-lklk 016.JPG2-lklk 020.JPG3-lk,ll 004.JPG4-lklk 012.JPG5-lklk 018.JPG6-lklk 048.JPG7-lklk 043.JPG8-lklk 050.JPG9-lklk 053.JPG10-lklk 056.JPG11-lklk 045.JPG12-df 002.JPG13-lklk 026.JPG

Upvote 10
Sweet reale, I can't wait to find one!

Lots of targets for 2 hours, and a couple of good ones too !
Year round hunting...a dream.

great variety of finds...don't get me wrong, love the silver and other finds, but always think it is neat when enfields and other three ringers are found overseas...just a reminder to us americans that the CW stuff we find here exists well beyond our boundry.

Dan

You are digging some amazing history and I always look forward to seeing your posts. I have the next generation cousin to that coin... a 1792 half reale--with the Carlous bust in place of the cross. It was found in an early 1830's Indian campsite in South Florida, USA.

great variety of finds...don't get me wrong, love the silver and other finds, but always think it is neat when enfields and other three ringers are found overseas...just a reminder to us americans that the CW stuff we find here exists well beyond our boundry.

Dan

These fields are in northern Spain is usual to find These Things here .... so strange to us is that they can also be found in America .even in areas where Spanish never lived.

You are digging some amazing history and I always look forward to seeing your posts. I have the next generation cousin to that coin... a 1792 half reale--with the Carlous bust in place of the cross. It was found in an early 1830's Indian campsite in South Florida, USA.

My half Reale are always conducted in Spanish mints in Europe and not in Mexico or America .... here carry the cross of Jerusalem and be different coins .:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back