1200+ mile round trip on the road this week.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got home tonight from a road trip that took me through the Colorado Rockies and on to arid parts of south western Colorado and through deserts of Utah. I was in temperatures from 45 to almost a 100 degrees on this 1200 plus mile road trip. I did see many sites along the way. I hope my wife gets me this new camera I want for my birthday coming soon. These are just snapshots I took with the smart phone.

Attachments

• dove creek trip 1.jpg
    dove creek trip 1.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 81
  • dove creek trip 2.jpg
    dove creek trip 2.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 85
  • dove creek trip 3.jpg
    dove creek trip 3.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 87
  • dove creek trip 4.jpg
    dove creek trip 4.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 82
  • dove creek trip 5.jpg
    dove creek trip 5.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 87
  • dove creek trip 6.jpg
    dove creek trip 6.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 75

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Who would have ever thought a telephone would take pictures like that. I envy you being able to travel around the west and make a living at it.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who would have ever thought a telephone would take pictures like that. I envy you being able to travel around the west and make a living at it.
Not every picture comes out so well on the phone cams, but some don't come out all that bad. I do enjoy this job. Funny you say you envy me doing this. Many more folks ask how can I handle a job with all the driving I do?. It's easy for me and always has been. I had to travel sparingly this trip as metals prices are low and mines are spending less and I only paid $45.00 to stay in a motel in Dove Creek, Colorado because tourist don't go there and for that I'm glade, because I love the place, and the country around it. The folks there are great also. In the last photo in Utah I was coming up on where the Colorado enters Lake Powell and that mountain to the right in the distance is called the "Henry Mountains" There's a big fella from South Africa running the operation up there and he could care less about the gold prices as he says he can make money at today's prices. I've seen all this panic before. Come next year I'm betting all these worries will be a thing of the past "knock on wood". If not and this economy crashes I'll just be a Hobo with a pickup and still travel about trying to figure out ways to make a buck, "God Willing". I just can't sit still. Been there and done that and told mama it ain't gonna be that way with me if I can help it. She's never likes it, but still the key works on the front door to the place I call home. I do know someday it will all end due to age though and I will owe that women of mine allot when it does come that time. I've seen some of my fellow peddlers who I've known for years, getting up there and then disappearing. One old boy who I've known for years and I dealt with face to face many times who I saw on what was maybe was is last call was up in his 70's and I was glade to see him, but he couldn't place me. I tried to remind him of the things we were involved with in the late 80s and early 90s with him and I, but still he couldn't recall me and only said my face looked familiar. I thought that was so odd, because I knew he knew me by name and greeted me with a smile and a handshake all those years ago when we meet. Anyways that was the last I ever saw him out and about and herd he finally threw in his hat. I guess that's how it will all end for me. I see faces to today that I've known a long time, but haven't seen in a while, but some do take a bit of time, before I piece together how it is I know them. :dontknow: So I guess my brain does still work, but not like it did 20-30 years ago.

Last edited:
OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So...what type camera are you wanting??

I'll say this ahead of time.:laughing7:

View attachment 1191529

GOD Bless

Chris
thanks! Chris. I think that cameras called the Panasonic ZS50. Good zoom, compact and something for a simpleton like me to deal with. She did ask what kind of camera I wanted and I directed it to her on Amazon. I said are you going to get that for me on my BD and she said, No. We'll see if I get a surprise on that day.

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I kinda liked that second one you took...the clouds make it stand out...almost a 3D effect. I'm sure you have many, many, many miles left. Hmmm not sure your missus will want to hear that. Always like your photos.

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:occasion13: !......

Cool Pictures! Sure would like to run the detector on that old home site.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I kinda liked that second one you took...the clouds make it stand out...almost a 3D effect. I'm sure you have many, many, many miles left. Hmmm not sure your missus will want to hear that. Always like your photos.
She did this time. First thing she said when I got home was "you forgot to mow the lawn before you left", so can you see to it you get that done real soon?

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:occasion13: !......

Cool Pictures! Sure would like to run the detector on that old home site.
There's a few old abandoned homesteads around this area that lies on the SW border of Colorado and Utah. It's pretty neat country far and away from any big towns. There are farm lands, hidden canyons and old uranium mine sites here and there. This fella I know in Dove Creek has a nice collection of arrowheads from all around the region. It's excellent mule deer country also.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread