1212-X Fixed Volume ?

JamesE

Not exactly what you asked, but a compromise might be one of the single cup headphones with a volume control, I've been looking for new phones and it seems I saw one from Rattler (?) or somebody. Hope this helpful but I'm a real novice to MD'ing, hopefully someone with more experience will jump in with a better answer. As I understand, headphones will give you longer battery life also.
Congrats on the good deal, Jim

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
I don't know how good your skills are at soldering and electronic circuits. If you are skilled you can wire a stereo volume control in the circuit. The components to do this are available in the Radio Shack catalog. For my electrical components I use Mac's Electronics in San Bernardino CA.

You might also be able to use the MineLab external speaker set-up below:

External Speaker Minelab SD/GP This is the very popular amplifier and speaker combination from Coiltek. No batteries required; runs off detector battery. Perfect for working in areas where you want to hear what is going on around you. For SD and GP detectors except GPX-4000. The GPX-4000 requires the MLBA-DAGC adapter (below) sold separately to change from 4 pins to 5 pins.
Part#MLAC-CAS $119.95
FREE SHIPPING if ordered on website - Shipping PolicyBottom of Form

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread