124,820 members and nobody knows a time period

blazerdog

Jan 20, 2018
northern california
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I posted a few more pictures yesterday in todays finds. will repost a couple of them here. still looking for a time period. 20180430_101838.jpg 20180430_101451.jpg 20180430_034142.jpg 20180430_034222.jpg 20180430_034232.jpg 20180430_034525.jpg 20180430_035414.jpg 20180429_011653.jpg 20180429_012412.jpg 20180429_012906.jpg

Upvote 0

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Then why waste our time? You obviously are much smarter than any of us and have all the answers already. It's funny that I actually gave you a possible timeline and instead of saying thanks you proceed to make fun of us. As far as I am concerned I am done with you. Take your 10,000 year old flakes and "Mammoth" and go quietly into the night good sir. We don't need you here.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
.Thanks for the input. Looks like nobody wins the prize but if you pay attention you can get educated which is better than a prize anyway. When I wasn’t get much response to a time period, I was able to get an appointment with a couple of elders of the Pomeo Indian tribe which has been here for over 11,000 years. They had no problem identifying almost all the pieces as scrapers cutters and small hand axes. They weren’t sure of a time perod just that they were very old. The time period got cleared up when I got home today to the results of the soil sample sent out of the gray dirt band where everything is coming out of about 18 feet below grade. As i suspected it turns out to be ash. The surprise was the ash has the same chemical signature as the ash from the last major volcanic eruption here over 10’000 years ago. Followed by heavy mud flows. Which preserved everything in time. So if your ever fortunate enough to excavate a Paleo site that was covered with ash and mud, at least now you will know what your looking at and be able to give informed information rather than having to guess each others weight. Oh yes,i t turns out the two rock, the red one with the exact patterns on both sides is apparently a mammoth head and the other is an entire mammoth. This information is coming from both science and the direct ancestors of the people who lived here. Once again thanks for the input ( as misguided as it was) Good luck and happy hunting.

OK then.....Seems that the "Pomeo" elders could not quite give a "time period" either, other than "very old", and that's with samples in hand. You sent in a soil sample? You didn't just send in a picture of the "soil" instead and ask what is it, and how old is it? Think about it, you sent in a group of pictures only, with no information with them, as far as what area they might have come from, or as you just now stated "18' below grade". You said that with all your "research" and other? sites, T-Net was your last stop, and now your glad it wasn't your first....Hmmmmm, COULD it be that you did not get ONLY the answers that YOU wanted from other sites as well? You sound to be a angry and sarcastic person if you don't hear what you WANT to hear, must not be easy being you. It was entirely uncalled for to insult members here for a lack of answers that were not received based on a lack of information in your thread, showing pictures only and asking a rather impossible question. With your "soil" sample information, perhaps now you can now go back to the "Pomeo" elders, and "Educate" them as well, as to the age, and not just being "very old" (being direct ancestors and all) Again, you said that T-Net was your last stop? Let us hope not. The "Get Educated" part?, you might want to look a little closer to home for that.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Need a closer picture of the quarter to get a better idea of it's manufactured date.

The other pieces are of mixed time periods.
Roughly 6: 00 A.M. - 10:00 P.M..

Not being a sponsor member ,I must restrain from quoting my appraisal rates to narrow down the time periods for each item.

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
having been associated with a Montana tribe for the last 40 years I can state as fact that "tribal elders" know less about lithic use and manufacture than the folks on this site. Your post is so full of inaccuracies i don't know where to start.

Nate in Ga

Apr 2, 2009
usa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sending off for soil tests with questionable flakes lol...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions