Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I think that the red ear phones were on some of the first 1280x detector's they made........... But if it works that is a good price........... For Fisher still repairs the 1280x .... So if any thing ever goes wrong with it you know you will not be stuck with it............ For it can be repaired...........

OP
OP
G

goldman55

Sep 25, 2010
cincinnati
Detector(s) used
T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Tigger & Keppy

Do some lake and river Hunting here in southeast Ohio it will be Freash water Hunting. Always wanted to do it. Just didnt have the extra money for a new one.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 1280 is built like a tank and you don't really need more than half sensitivity and a disc setting of 2. Best to try it on coins and a gold ring to see how high you can set it without losing gold rings. Pull tabs will also be heard when you can hear the gold rings. Your going to need a good scoop like the Sunspot Stealth.

http://www.gold-scoop.com/thescoop.html The smaller one is fine for freshwater. That wood handle floats if you need to let go of it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread