12x15 sef coil impressive

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

beerguy

Bronze Member
May 6, 2004
Camano Island, WA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030,
Many more on a rotating basis.
Park Ranger and Pack Mule pouches by Freeloader!
Finally messaging around today been playing with the deus for a bit decided to take out the v3i & put on the newest coil 12x15, wow definetly a monster coil works very well

I have been getting some of the MXT pro under my belt. I am thinking about an SEF coil, maybe quiet that machine down a bit.

What do you think? I value your opinion, you know....

OP
OP
christo000

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been getting some of the MXT pro under my belt. I am thinking about an SEF coil, maybe quiet that machine down a bit.

What do you think? I value your opinion, you know....

Sef coils in my opinión are great Ive been using 3 different sizes on my v3i for the specific place ill be hunting i find they are an.improvement over the dd coil better separation,deeper, better in EMI i found out first hand with the 10x12 workin.a trial along power lines was very good, the smaller of the 3 worked very well in a high trash área after a fair came ti town adding more trash great separation between clad & junk. The bigger one im using just wow its deep lol. If ur close to me in.my área I got no problem letting u try out a coil c which may b best for u im using my phone so doesnt show áreas of where people are. Good luck with coil choice

beerguy

Bronze Member
May 6, 2004
Camano Island, WA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030,
Christo, I am on the opposite side of the country.

I do sometimes get back East for a trade show every once in a while, but no plans this year.

I think that I will be biting the bullet and getting one.

Is Kellyco the only place to get one?

OP
OP
christo000

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Christo, I am on the opposite side of the country.

I do sometimes get back East for a trade show every once in a while, but no plans this year.

I think that I will be biting the bullet and getting one.

Is Kellyco the only place to get one?

Ohh lol ya ur quite far i guess if, offer will still stand if ur in the área,befor u get one doors always open for fellow deterists. For your question yes kellyco is the only authorized dealer in the u.s. to sell them main company which is detech are in Bulgaria I got my 6x8 on ebay for a good price but if u dont c one there for u dont just order online from kellyco wait till u actually email & are talling to someone mention u are a member of treasure net & u will get a better price then there web page. The guy I go threw from kellyco is Robert Morales great guy answer any questions u have & ll give a great price, best of luck

beerguy

Bronze Member
May 6, 2004
Camano Island, WA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030,
Good to know.

I was not aware that we T'Netters had any clout!

beerguy

Bronze Member
May 6, 2004
Camano Island, WA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030,
OK, Christo, I have another one for you.

What about the 'ultimate coil'? It is made by the same folks, looks like a big double D.

Any thoughts? Looks pretty similar...

OP
OP
christo000

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup same company its there newest versión.13"

OP
OP
christo000

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol hmm I dont have that one ......yet lol

kycoinguy

Jul 27, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro, 12" coil, 12x10 S.E.F., 8x6 S.E.F., Prizm II, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I own an MXT Pro and I have two sef's. The 8x6 and the 12x10. I would highly recommend either one of these coils. I mainly use the 8x6 just because the 12x10 can get a little heavy after a few hours of swinging. I have had them for about two years now and just yesterday I did an air test on the 8x6 because I was just curious on what depth I was getting. I recently had dug a silver dime at about 7 inches so I knew it would be good for a small coil. I set my gain at +1 - +2, disc. at triangle and threshold at just a slight hum, in coin and jewelry mode, and the dime was a solid consistent high tone at about 10 inches. I haven't tested the 12x10 yet but I'm sure it will get quite a bit more depth. Given that this was just an air test and several factors can alter depth when "out in the field", but I am really impressed with the performance of these coils. Just my opinion.

OP
OP
christo000

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
+1, I have other coils but im with ya those are also my main 2,aswell when the v3i comes out & if its a huge open feild the 12x15 sef monster comes out( things enormous) with alot of great depth works just as good as the 6x8 good luck all hh

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread