Current: Tesoro silver umax, Whites Spectrum XLT
Past: Garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

a4wdguy

Mar 10, 2005
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TDI, DFX, M6, XLT, XL Pro, CM 6000 Di Pro, Beach Hunter ID 300, Beach Hunter ID, Surfmaster P.I.(Plus)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
damiani1

damiani1

Jun 2, 2013
Windsor Ontario
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you sir, I was doing some air tests woth this thing and I was hitting a canadian silver quarter at 10 inches and a large belt buckle at 15.5 inches. i cannot wait to hit up my 1812 site with this beauty.

a4wdguy

Mar 10, 2005
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TDI, DFX, M6, XLT, XL Pro, CM 6000 Di Pro, Beach Hunter ID 300, Beach Hunter ID, Surfmaster P.I.(Plus)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looking forward to seeing pics of your finds from there.
Good luck!

OP
OP
damiani1

damiani1

Jun 2, 2013
Windsor Ontario
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks!

XLTer

Sep 26, 2012
Western Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very welcome sir . You have a very versitile machine . It should provide you with years of enjoyment . Good luck & HH .....:thumbsup:

scott9050

Apr 8, 2013
Martinsburg, WV
Detector(s) used
White's VX3, Teknetics Omega 8500
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to have one of those that I bought new back in the day. Very capable machine.

OP
OP
damiani1

damiani1

Jun 2, 2013
Windsor Ontario
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very welcome sir . You have a very versitile machine . It should provide you with years of enjoyment . Good luck & HH .....:thumbsup:

Thanks, I am already blown away by the air test depths I was getting. So stoked to go to that spot I was concerned about missing things. :)

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome, the whites machines are one of the very best out my 3 its the one i have most extras for theres endless modes & options, another great thing with urs is, later on down the road u can put some dfx parts at it make it a little hybrid lol learn it & it'll return the favor with lots of great finds good luck

OP
OP
damiani1

damiani1

Jun 2, 2013
Windsor Ontario
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks and interesting, have you ever used a hybrid on yourself and how would you go about making it a hybrid dfx? soldering some things?

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since its almost kinda like dfx if u were to send it in to whites for like a tune up they would use some dfx internals,screen theres a couple parts that fit if u contact them they can give u an exact what fits, either way u did just get a great detector I love taking my v3i out its got endless options, if u decide to get coils as many know already im a big fan of the sef coils they work awesome like a dd coil on steroids lol

OP
OP
damiani1

damiani1

Jun 2, 2013
Windsor Ontario
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ahh okay, do you know how much that would run from whites?

The v3i looks like quite the awesome machine! I will start to keep my eyes more open for these whites master pieces!

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ahh okay, do you know how much that would run from whites?

The v3i looks like quite the awesome machine! I will start to keep my eyes more open for these whites master pieces!

My guess it would depend on what u have them actually do to it. Ya the v3i is an amazing machine with literaly endless options. But if ur just getting into it stick with ur xlt for a bit no harm in looking at others but that xlt will find lots of things deep to & has a good amount of options to definetly keep u busy lol . For a cheap v check out online auctions such eBay I seen some pretty cheap or even craigslist good luck buddy ur off to a good start. I would advise a good pinpointer the garrett propointer,minelab profind 25,& even the sunray probé I got all of them & there all really good

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Damiani, just E-Mail Whites and see what they say about having the XLT DFX'd then post on here to save everyone else having to do it !

OP
OP
damiani1

damiani1

Jun 2, 2013
Windsor Ontario
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
ok will do

shadowcat1971

May 5, 2012
Northern MN
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT E series with sunray probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never heard of a XLT being DFX'ed? I thought I new everything about the XLT, and even sent mine in for a tuneup, he didn't mention anything about upgrading or DFX ing my XLT. Any info would be appreciated!!

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You haven't heard about it because they can't do it.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes they can call em befor u say they cant alot of dfx parts will fit

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im not saying every dfx part fits but whites will let u know its the spectra xlt,xlt & dfx just a couple like even the lcd screen from the dfx will fit

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread