Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Giant sloth, mammoth, sabre-toothed tiger, a toddler... I couldn't help but think about this while reading the article...
Ice Age photo.jpg

My boys loved those movies. I wonder if there were any sabre-toothed squirrel tracks and a prehistoric acorn that weren't mentioned in the article.

Seriously though, it would be great if the researchers could get access to the military installation to follow those tracks to their destination. It could give an insight into what was going on, size of the group, etc.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Most fossils are the remains of life that has died. What makes so-called trace fossils so interesting to me is that they preserve the activity of living creatures. They are the traces of living activity. We can put our hands in those prints, and know one of our own kind left a record of her passage. Regrettably, these prints were excavated, and once exposed, they will actually erode away quickly. Sad. But photos taken of each and every one. Also regrettable is the fact that the trackway extends into the White Sands Missile Base, where researchers will not be allowed to continue following the track to wherever it ends....

OP
OP
Kantuckkeean

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you Charl. I haven’t logged on much lately and had overlooked your original post.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you Charl. I haven’t logged on much lately and had overlooked your original post.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

Not a problem. Just wanted you to know you could access the original paper, with all its illustrations...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread