13" Ultimate DD Coil for Omega, Gamma......????

HappyTrails55

Sep 30, 2005
Paso Robles
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2
Okay so I have a Gamma 6000 that I thoroughly enjoy and use every chance I get but wanna get a coil that will go deeper. I see on KellyCo Detector site that they have these Larger Coils for Depth made for a wide variety of Detectors including the Omega/Gamma called the 13" Ultimate, but there is little written about them. The targets that I'm detecting for will be buried a good foot down or at least 12 inches and were put there about 200 years ago. The Gamma 6000 I have came with the smaller coil (not the 11")...you can see my post on the Thread "Got my Gamma today"...So, I have searched these pages of threads for info and haven't really found anything on these larger coils. I might get the 11" but I wanna know more about the Ultimate...Anybody have any thoughts on it?...Thanks....Darrell

Dirt.Hound

Mar 5, 2013
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey, I've been reading these forums for over a year and this question made me want to register. I recently(ish) picked up the 13" Ultimate for my Gamma. It is awesome... well worth the price of $179(?) at Kellyco. I've been pretty successful with it in the few times I've been able to use it (it's winter here in Canada!). It's my first DD, so it took some getting used to, but really... I love it. It doesn't come off my machine unless I'm in an area that I can't swing that large a coil in. It is significantly deeper than the stock 8" concentric, for sure... seems to discriminate better, as well. The real beauty of it is that you cover a lot more ground in a given period of time... not as much need to overlap your swings with a large DD. Anyways, hope this helped, and happy hunting!

p.s. I read recently that the coil is water *resistant*... i.e. you can hunt in light rain, wash it, swing it in wet grass, etc... but avoid submersing it.

OP
OP
H

HappyTrails55

Sep 30, 2005
Paso Robles
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2
It does HELP!!! THANKYOU for the Reply! I wasn't too sure anyone was going to answer me. I haven't bought one yet but I think I will now...I read all of the other threads here and some were mighty close to my question and so I just figured my question had already been answered in another thread, but Your Answer was what I was looking for...Thanks Again...Darrell

Dirt.Hound

Mar 5, 2013
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
no problem, glad i could help!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread