135 Silvers, Over 500 Wheats From The Same Park This Year So Far!!

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Hello Everyone,

Instead of posting the 3 silver dimes I found yesterday from the "silver park", which marked my 29th consecutive hunt that I've found silver in the turf with the SE Pro coil, I decided to post all the silver coins I have found at this park so far this year.

This park has far exceeded my expectations, which has produced slightly over 50% of my total silver coin finds this year. Most of the old coins were between 6-10", in very trashy ground (years of pull-tabs, screw-caps, shredded aluminum, nails/iron, and clad). A few of my hunting buddies will definitely attest to this.

I will still continue to press my luck there until I get skunked. If I could give you one bit of advice about turf hunting in parks, it would be to have maximum patience and persistence to be successful. Oh yeah, a top detector with great target separation and extreme depth capabilities is a must for continued success. :thumbsup:

Not shown are over 500 wheatbacks, 15 Indian head pennies, a couple V's/buffalos, over 20 pieces of silver jewelry, and over $200 in clad from this amazing park.

Thanks for looking!!
Keep The Passion High!!

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Attachments

• IMG_3085_135_100308.jpg
    IMG_3085_135_100308.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 779
Upvote 0

oddcoins

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2006
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac ~ DetectorPro Pocket Uniprobe
Holy Crap dude! THAT'S A LOT OF SILVER!!! VERY NICE!!!

You are one crazy silver magnet! WOOHOO!!!

You kick A$$!

8^)

Ray in CA

Oct 11, 2007
Quincy, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari with SEF 8x6; coming soon: FORS Gold+
That is one beautiful sight! Nice going, Dan. That'll get folks motivated. ;D

Ray

hunterinthesky

Aug 16, 2008
Southeastern PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 300 - DX-1 Pinpointer
ZING!!!! Wow the people of that park back in the day must have had huge holes in their pockets. Great work. Thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ummmm.... :icon_scratch: Ahhhhhhh..... :icon_scratch: Mmmmmm.... :icon_scratch:

Wow..... :o ???

I need to find a park like that. 8)

Keep @ it and HH!! :D

top pop top

Aug 30, 2007
ca
Detector(s) used
whites xlt
I'm drooling all over my keyboard at all that silver,good luck on #30.

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a bucket load of shiny stuff my friend :thumbsup:
What an awesome year you've had so far from that "beat up" park. They're the best kind aren't they :wink:
Keep the silver coming Dan. Them' parks ain't hunted out until you say they are. :o ...and then you'll go back again and pluck a few more out. :thumbsup:

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
What a fabulous place that's been for you! It's even better than my silver farm from last year, and it's still producing!

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
That pile of loot reminds me of the finds back in the 60's. But then it was mostly Washington's and Rosies--almost never a Barber or older.

We're finding much older stuff today.

By the way, couldn't you please hide what brand detector you're using? Some of us would like to NOT spread this around. :wink:

OP
OP
Captn SE

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Holy Crap dude! THAT'S A LOT OF SILVER!!! VERY NICE!!!

You are one crazy silver magnet! WOOHOO!!!

You kick A$$!

Thanks, Neil! Good luck in your quest for 100 this year!!

That is one beautiful sight! Nice going, Dan. That'll get folks motivated. Grin

Ray

Thanks, Ray! It was a lot of hard work too, but it's the kind of work I don't mind doing. ;D ;D

Dan ...

A Stellar year & it's far from over ...

You are the SULTAN OF SILVER my friend ...

Congratulations & Continue to Persevere ...

~ Nick ~

Thanks, Nick!! As Mark Knopfler put it, I'm also a "Sultan of Swing". ;D ;D

ZING!!!! Wow the people of that park back in the day must have had huge holes in their pockets. Great work. Thanks for sharing

Thanks, HunterInTheSky!! A lot of people in the 40's/50's, and even earlier have been to this park.

Ummmm.... icon_scratch Ahhhhhhh..... icon_scratch Mmmmmm.... icon_scratch

Wow..... Shocked Huh

I need to find a park like that. Cool

Keep @ it and HH!! Cheesy

Thanks, MUD!! Parks like this are hard to come by, but I hope you can find one that's close.

I'm drooling all over my keyboard at all that silver,good luck on #30.

Thanks, TopPopTop!! Save some drool for my year end post! ;D :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

That's a bucket load of shiny stuff my friend thumbsup
What an awesome year you've had so far from that "beat up" park. They're the best kind aren't they Wink
Keep the silver coming Dan. Them' parks ain't hunted out until you say they are. Shocked ...and then you'll go back again and pluck a few more out.

Thanks, Bryce!! No doubt in my mind if you had a park like this in your area, and hunted it as often as me, you'd do just as well!! I, like you, enjoy the challenge of finding silver in heavily hunted parks. Keep knocking them dead in your area, my friend. :thumbsup:

What a fabulous place that's been for you! It's even better than my silver farm from last year, and it's still producing!

Thanks, Henry!! Ah, the memories of the "Silver Farm"....I'd never thought I would find a park like your farm...what an experience. I'm very fortunate. :thumbsup:

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's just sick. And wrong. Sick and wrong. You are killing me. Beautiful SLQ, by the way.

OP
OP
Captn SE

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Michigan Badger said:
That pile of loot reminds me of the finds back in the 60's. But then it was mostly Washington's and Rosies--almost never a Barber or older.

We're finding much older stuff today.

By the way, couldn't you please hide what brand detector you're using? Some of us would like to NOT spread this around. :wink:

Thanks, Badger!! One of my buddies on another site said the same thing as you, about the typical finds back in the 60's/70's.

I think it is too late to hide my detector. Everybody knows what I use a long time ago... ;D However, what's more important is, "How many golfers who own Tiger Wood's clubs play like Tiger?" ;D ;D ;D

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

OP
OP
Captn SE

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
curbdiggercarl57 said:
That's just sick. And wrong. Sick and wrong. You are killing me. Beautiful SLQ, by the way.

Thanks, Carl! It's sick and wrong to leave those beautiful silver in the ground....Go out there and save them all!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
that is very awesome dude! You are going to suck all the silver out of california! :) Congratulations on this years silver hunting! I wonder if you are going to run out next year and not find any silver because you have dug it all up. What will you do then? You sure do know the SE very well though! :) congrats!

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Simply stunning Dan. If I could turf hunt like you I would never go anywhere other that my local park. It's about 200 years old. You would love it there. Keep up the silver hounding. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Captn SE

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Detectingfreak said:
that is very awesome dude! You are going to suck all the silver out of california! :) Congratulations on this years silver hunting! I wonder if you are going to run out next year and not find any silver because you have dug it all up. What will you do then? You sure do know the SE very well though! :) congrats!

Thanks, DF!! You're right...The silver is definitely diminishing over here. Last year, I dug 657 silvers. This year, I'll be lucky to get to 300. Each year is less and less. Maybe I'll move to a different state when I can't find anymore around me. ;D ;D

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

OP
OP
Captn SE

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Evolution said:
Simply stunning Dan. If I could turf hunt like you I would never go anywhere other that my local park. It's about 200 years old. You would love it there. Keep up the silver hounding. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks, Rob!! I'd love to swing my coil at a 200 yr old park...WoW!! Anyday, Anytime!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Dan,

Holy crap, man, you are kicking some major be-hind lately! WOW! :o :D

That Pro coil is the key, man! You have struck some wilver paydirt! :)

May your passion stay high as ever! :thumbsup:

Kirk

SilverFinger

Apr 17, 2008
Woodstock, Georgia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Eagle Spectrum, Treasuremaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Simply awesome. Congrats on a great year and I hope you saved some for us! :)

Wasabi

Nov 7, 2005
Brevard County, FL ~ USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalinbur II,White's Beach Hunter ID 300, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Fisher F75, Tesoro Golden UMax, Whites 4900/D, Bounty Hunter IV, Bounty Hunter Big Bud
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Almost enough to fill a treasure chest.

You should hide it again and invite us all to a hunt.

Wow, Wow, Wow.

That is probably more than I will ever find in a lifetime.

Again you are the king of silver.

Nice job Captn SE.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread