14 Silver Week + 80 wheaties/.925 Ring+Cross

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Hello Everyone,

I hunted one last time for the week today at a park I've never been to before and ended up with 3 silver, 32 wheaties, and a silver cross. The .925 ring was found Tues. at Elysian Park. Counting the 5 silver post I made on Monday, I ended the week with 14 silvers, bringing my total for the 1/2 year to 333!! Hey, looks like I'm only half evil.... ;D The finds are getting thin, so it's going to be hard to have 7-10 silver days, unless I find a virgin spot or new lot around here. Aside from today, I've been detecting all the spots I've found silver before, and keep getting one here and one there. All my finds this week were with the stock SE coil, COND. mode, sens. 25-28, gain=8.

I forgot to mention, digging all those oldies this week has made my right hand quite sore. Glad I have a big callus in the middle of my palm, or I'd have the biggest blister. That's the price I pay for digging all those 7+" signals. Hey, but digging is more than half the fun of the hobby....

Also in the pic is a teens buffalo nickel I dug Tues. at Griffith park. That was my first buffalo from Griffith. Sorry, all my wheatie finds for the week wouldn't fit in the pic., so I just made 4 stacks of the wheats I found the past couple of days.

Thanks for looking,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Attachments

• IMG_1259 (1200 x 900).jpg
    IMG_1259 (1200 x 900).jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 345
Upvote 0
F

fullvirus

Nice find hope to do some my self on saturday at the beach

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Anpther fantastic week captn!! Congrats on your big ole pile of silver.
Thanks for sharing and keep em coming!

Smiles!
BDoo

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Good deal. You are lucky to have those relatively virgin sites. Our parks have been hunted so heavily you can spend 4 hours and not get a wheat - and it's not cause I'm new, don't have an Explorer or know how to use it. 5 years of club hunts in our smaller parks does some damage.

Bob

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
Way to go Capt'n. That is a bunch of nice stuff! Give it a rest and heal a bit before you go at it again. 8)

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is alot of loot Captain- :o--Congrats on a great hunt.

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Looks like you found a glory hole. Keep em coming!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread