1400 DD Field Test

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Hi everyone, Hope you all had a good holiday. One of my gifts from a close uncle was a white's 1400 DD for the dfx.

I got to use the coil for about 2 hrs total at 2 different sites. I can say that I am impressed with it's abilities. First area I hit was my uncle's back yard. He lives in a large apartment and condo's complex that goes back to the early 50's. I found one wheat there and a rare for me 63 roosevelt. I don't find alot of rosies because my sites date back alot farther than that. I liked the depth you can get with this coil. 5 inch deep coins sound like they are on the surface.

I got up this a.m and had a hr to burn. I went to a favorite spot of mine that we consider worked out basically. I found 3 coins in a hr there. 2 wheats a 37 and 41 and also got a 1884 indian. I wanted to hunt more to learn the coil but I didn't have alot of time.

Dislikes are the weight some but not bad. Being younge and strong I don't mind. I like the size great coverage and depth. You also have to cut large sized plugs to get the target. I found that you have to cut a plug the size of the decal half of the coil to find it. It can be run hot and stays stable. You can't use this coil in trashy area's to large bad seperation.

Overall I like the coil alot and it will become my primary coil for awhile and be used for most hunts. I had more finds but left them at my uncle's house. Had some old cars and clad and relics. I'll keep you all posted on what I learn about this coil over time. I know it helps to read threads when making a decision on things that cost a fair ammount of money.

HH Jeremy

Attachments

• 1400 DD.jpg
    1400 DD.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 755

rjnail

Nov 25, 2005
Detector(s) used
Excalibur,
1884? if i see right, nice coin good shape, keep up the good finds

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wow, Jer, that's a nice gift from your uncle.

I asked for a DD coil for Christmas but Santa didn't come through ( :'( ) That's OK. I couldn't decide between the larger 1400 for farm fields or the smaller Shooter for around cellarholes. You'll have to keep us posted on how the larger coil works for you.

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Thanks guys, You are right 1884. It was in really nice shape. Has a full liberty and that really nice dark patina on it. The coins are nice from this spot but very fragile. The rims on every one I have found almost at this spot has flaked away. I found probably 70 indians at this location. I am very gentle with them and clean them good but no matter what they chip just disrupting them from the ground. Just glad to have them. There all diferent dug even if they have the same year on them.

Also it was nice enough lately just to get out and see a old coin to keep my fever in check for a little bit. Seems like we all need a small trip here and there in these winter months.

Thanks Haupin and that's o.k. I'll let you know how I feal so you don't have to waste your money. Your stock coil will serve you great until you build up alot of locations to re go over. Or a small coil to hunt large trashy parks. These items for these detectors can cost you another detector themselves. I haven't been real eager to spend money on a gamble without alot of feedback on something. I figured I had nothing to lose with him buying it. I was going to buy one here in feb during tax season. I also beleive in whites products and I know them well and probably could have sucess with any of there coils. To where alot of people wouldn't get instant results and hang it up. I don't have free thousands to just throw away. I'll get it to work. Bull headed like that.

HH Jeremy

ashdigger

May 29, 2005
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
JerDfx
nice finds learning a new coil sometimes takes a little time;
I too am looking to get one of those coils for my DFX have you noticed any problems with pinpointing with it?

Take care..

R

rvbvetter

Very nice finds!! Maybe I'll look into that for my Dfx as well. WTG!! HH

kermit

Aug 9, 2005
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Whites V3I, AT PRO, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds.

I'm looking for some info on a DFX coil.

If I get a smaller DD coil like a 4x6 will it show the correct depth for a small fishing sinker or a BB type target. ?Unlike my stock coil.

Has anyone tried a 4x6 DD

Thanks for any info

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful Indian Jer!!!

Ya know.... I think you could find awesome stuff with a magnet on a string! :D You always post great finds Jeremy!

Thanks for sharing!

;)

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Thanks everyone. You are right Ash. All of these things take a long while to master. But I felt confident in it's capabilities not knowing the coil at all and taking it to a pouded spot for a hr and finding 3 old coins. Not much but a very good sighn. I am very good on the dfx so it helps in adjusting to something new.

Pinpointing I learned after a hr of not recovering targets properly was this. It seems that the coil has a sweet spot like the rest do. Well the problem is it's sweet spot is about 7x7 instead of a smaller 3x3 little hole. So you have to cut plug sizes as big as the decal on the coil. Then I started getting the targets quicker and more acurate. You have to cut big plugs. This coil reads items 6 inches deep loud. I'm not used to that. I am used to a lower solid tone and a slight tone i.d chirp in the background for deep items with the stock coil.

I'll be leaving it on for awhile. If anyone can test something it would be me. I'll leave feedback as I go.

Thanks Nana I appreciate it. I hope that luck always stays with me.

HH Jeremy

FoxRox

Dec 28, 2005
Lexington, Kentucky
Detector(s) used
White's MXT/Shadow X-5...Bullseye pinpointer
Thanks for the info on the 1400. I have an excellerator 14" and haven't found it to be what I had wanted for my MXT. I may upgrade to one of these in the future. When I can figure out how to get some photos on the site I'll post some of my finds. I'm green with envy on the amount of Indians you've found. I found three in a yard and thought I was in heaven! As far as the rosies, I'm lucky if my sites produce any!! Oh well, beggars can't be chosers :-\ .

OutBack Duo

Apr 21, 2005
Olathe, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know this is an old thread but I am a little slow. I have just purchased the DD 1400 coil (won't arrive till later this week) and I am curious about how it has worked for others who have purchased it. I bought this for one specific purpose, I am going home to upstate NY in July and have about 10 old homes/farms lined up to hunt. These homes were built in the early to mid 1800's and to the best of anyones knowledge have never been hunted. I was up there last year and hunted with my DFX and the stock coil and the one house I hunted I pulled a 1899 quarter at about 8" and a couple IH penneys at about 6 or 7". I know there has to be a lot more that I missed and I am hoping this new coil will help me find it. Any information on the coil or settings that I should adjust on my DFX would greatly be appreciated.

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I feal the coil is worth the money.

I haven't taken it off my unit in 7 months.

It goes a little deeper. A few inches on every type of target.

The coverage is awesome for large area's.

Bigger holes will need to be dug. But in fields or woods it's not a problem.

I like it alot. It's a little heavier but the balance on the dfx is great.

You should do well with it.

You can run it hot. Atleast in my soils you can. Bump up all your settings. Pre amp at 4 ac at 85 sweep speed of 1. Dc at 45 tone at 200. Threshold at 6. Make these changes to the eeprom high pro program.

Recovery speed at 28. Best data I like best. Also you can also take the acp rej from minus 40 through plus 95.

Hope this helps. It's hard for me to know because I don't know your soil conditions.

HH Jer

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions