144 coins in 3 hours, i think i found untuched ground, 1909 wheet, medalan, Ring

Indyfan73

Nov 5, 2008
INDIANAPOLIS
Detector(s) used
white's to many to list
I had the hours on Saturday before having to go to work at the Brickyard as a photographer. (yes i enjoy my job) This was do to a heavy rain shower that rolled threw for about 6 hours causing a rain delay on the qualifying session. O well I decide to go hunt a spot that i have been looking at for some time. it is at the back of a school yard that isn't used any more. they put up a blockaide to stop the students from going there?? but it still has an open street access to park in the little 3 car lot there and i always see cars there and people playing soccer. I decide since i was up and nothing to do i would go hunt it. grabbed that cameras and the Whites and off i went (cameras in-case i go called out early to the track) i got my first hit 3 feet from my truck and the never stopped. i only got about 1/10 threw the area before i received a call stating that the cars were going to qualify in a hour. I mentally marked my spot and what i had done and off to my fun job i went. I hope to get back there some time this week and see how much this area yields.i know there are more deeper there that what I got because the only deep singal that i went after was at 6 inches and its a 1909 wheety :headbang: i probably have to clear the clad before getting to the good stuff

today's totals are
25 quarters
26 dimes
12 nickels
79 penny's
silver ring
1 medal Stanley steamer $100 millind 1998 ???

none of the coins are newer that 1979

Attachments

• S5030716A.jpg
    S5030716A.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 1,036
  • S5030717A.jpg
    S5030717A.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 1,001
Upvote 0

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG That is one heck of a take for only starting at 1/10 of the area. I am sure you have hit an area with little detecting prior to your arrival. I can't wait to see what you get after a full day.

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice start on the area. I'm sure you only scratched the surface ;D

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumright: wow wtg nice hunt

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can not wait to see what else you find....Matt

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent digs!

HH

OP
OP
I

Indyfan73

Nov 5, 2008
INDIANAPOLIS
Detector(s) used
white's to many to list
i will finaly be getting bck out to this area on saturday and sunday to hunt some more lets see what i find this time :coffee2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread