14k, 18k Gold and Sterling from the Store that Banned me

1treasurehunter1

Feb 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Garrett Sea Hunter MK2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all,

Here are the finds from the store that banned me for a month. If you didnt read the story, its posted as well.

I've been in this store maybe 6 times and 4 out of 6 times I've walked out with something good.

The largest earrings are vintage Mexican sterling, the medium ones are clip ons (Mexican). 25 cents each.

Also found a onyx necklace? with sterling. 10 cents

14k necklace and 14k citrine earrings. 10 cents each.

Are those earrings Turquoise? 50 cents. I hope they are turquoise, will get a pretty penny for those.

The rest of the Sterling was 50 cents each. One of the earrings are screw on gold filled sterling.

My favorite find was a 18k white gold rubber necklace with 18k white gold pendant with diamonds. The rubber necklace is made by Baraka. 10 cents. It had tons of dead skin cells, was a pain to clean.

The prices vary depending on who sold me the jewelry. The owner was selling the jewelry to me for 10 cents to get rid of it since she doesn't have space.

In the back of my mind I thought this stuff could be fake but it all turned out to be genuine.

Now you know why I'm upset that I'm banned for a month. She was putting out more stuff and who knows what's waiting.

She has tons of clip ons and other costume jewelry. She's willing to sell individually for 10 cents each. Would you buy everything and re-sell at your own garage sale for 1 or two dollars each?

DSC00106.JPG DSC00107 (2).JPG DSC00107.JPG DSC00108 (2).JPG DSC00109 (2).JPG DSC00109.JPG DSC00115.JPG DSC00116.JPG DSC00118.JPG DSC00119.JPG DSC00120.JPG

2ndisbest

Nov 6, 2009
Honestly, if she wants to sell all the jewelry that low make her an offer on all of it. Buy it all and pick out all the gold and silver and signed costume jewelry. See if any of the signed costume stuff sells for a good price, if it doesn't throw it back in the pile. Whatever is left sell it in poundage lots on ebay and make a fortune. If you can get the pieces that cheap you can make a ton of money selling costume jewelry on ebay. Just take some decent pictures of the lot spread out and put "vintage" and "signed" in your auction or buy it now. Then stuff as many flat rate postage boxes full of jewelry as needed. The last time I did a big lot I used 3 flat rate boxes and did about 40 pounds. So shipping cost me around $33. I can't remember what I sold the lot for but I know I did very well. Considering I picked out some pieces I sold on the side also. But even if I didn't I would have still made money just selling.

From what it sounds like she would be thrilled to get rid of it all at once.

Do an ebay search for "costume jewelry lot pounds". It will give you an idea of what to pay.

Best part is you can sit at home picking through it all without anyone pawing through your pile.

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are there maker's marks on the back of the mexican screw back earrings? Screwbacks can be big dollars if signed.

OP
OP

1treasurehunter1

Feb 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi: Just look up the recent post "Rude Competition" and you can read all about it.

OP
OP

1treasurehunter1

Feb 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are there maker's marks on the back of the mexican screw back earrings? Screwbacks can be big dollars if signed.

The screw back earrings are gold filled sterling. They are not made in Mexico. The clip-ons and the largest pierced earrings are 925 Mexico.

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is this the stuff that you were able to get from the two bags at the time of the incident?

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I would be finding me a friend that would go and buy all 4 bags from her!
How they gonna know, the friend knows you, or is your friend?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions