14K Gold Shark Necklace- Scrap or Whole

Bergheimhunter

May 8, 2014
Bergheim , TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this 14K gold rope chain with 14K gold shark pendant while walking on a beach several years ago. It has a broken clasp, but is otherwise in great shape. The chain is 24 inches long. I'm sure someone would LOVE a 14K gold shark, but most would not. It doesn't seem like Ebay would be a great place to list it. Should I just sell it for scrap? (Sorry if this isn't the correct forum. I'm still learning :))

IMG_2356.jpg IMG_2354.jpg

AU Seeker

Bronze Member
Oct 14, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
E-Track, MXT, CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think there would be people that would really like that little shark!

I think you would get the best money on eBay, especially if you get several bidders wanting it, no one likes to be outbid!!

You will get less than spot price by selling it as scrap.

The clasp can be repaired/replaced by any jeweler either before you sell or after it's sold, just be sure to state it's broken before selling if you're not going to get it fixed.

What the weight, I can't read what it is in your photo?

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a cool shark! I would get something like that for the Mr.
Maybe upgrade to Charter Member and put it for sell here in the classifieds. I would think you could get a little more than scrap and about even, close, or more than what you would get with Ebay after all the fees.
I just hate Ebays fees and scammers.

Cool find! Good Luck and HH!

OP
OP
B

Bergheimhunter

May 8, 2014
Bergheim , TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the input. I didn't even think about the possibility of listing it on this site. It is .8 ounces according to my postage scale. The shark is almost 2.5" long and 1" across at greatest width. Chain is 5mm, 24" long.

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmm, :icon_scratch:

I think your chances of selling it retail on eBay are limited. You have to find someone that wants to spend that money on a gold shark. :dontknow: Me personally, I tend to sell stuff for scrap. Just faster and easier for me...

Keep @ it and HH !! :hello2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread