14K Gold Wed-Lock, Old button, Penny that was not stamped ? and $100 bill

Mike K in Va.

Jun 28, 2008
Danville Virginia
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 & MXT E Series
A Great start second hole dug was a 14k gold wedding band (Wed-Lock) stamped inside the band. Found 89 peices of clad. 2 junk rings, a lead frog, Money clip with a $100 bill on it. Then what looks like a penny that was not stamped it's the same size and weight as a penny. Also an Old button That I know nothing about. If you know anything about the button please let me know. Thanks for looking. HH

Attachments

• frog.jpg
    frog.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 1,178
  • button 2.jpg
    button 2.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 1,420
Upvote 0
P

Pentico

Gold always makes for a great day.
My grandfather had a money clip like the one you found. I still have it here some where.
Cool find, brought back a few memories.

Continued success in 09

DN

sodiumrye

Dec 27, 2008
NW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Still swinging my old Garrett master hunter ADS2
Love the frog. Ground still hard here but tried anyway because it neared 50 today. But all i found was a 56 canadian penny.

49er

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2005
Sun City, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites..MXT..GMT
Looks like you had a great day detecting.

Attachments

• tn_27_jpg.jpg
    tn_27_jpg.jpg
    850 bytes · Views: 1,190
  • tn_27_jpg.jpg
    tn_27_jpg.jpg
    850 bytes · Views: 1,228

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike K in Va. said:
A Great start second hole dug was a 14k gold wedding band (Wed-Lock) stamped inside the band. Found 89 peices of clad. 2 junk rings, a lead frog, Money clip with a $100 bill on it. Then what looks like a penny that was not stamped it's the same size and weight as a penny. Also an Old button That I know nothing about. If you know anything about the button please let me know. Thanks for looking. HH

I have a button like that off a civil war site. There are also reproductions. Its in Latin and will try to pull its history out of my files. Great finds. Congratulations.

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
Cool finds...wonder what the frog is from?....

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The three legged eagle button is a Teutonic symbol of germanic origin, and was actually a strong symbol in Nazi Germany. And the latin phrase, is actually read "spes nostra esx devs" meaning, "God is Our Hope." You can google the words button eagle god is our hope and learn much more. I had contacted the archives at Notre Dame for a translation long ago-. I had thought it might have been from the tunic of a priest during the civil war. I found mine on a site on Missionary Ridge in Chattanooga with various civil war artifacts. The button has been mass produced though so to find an original would be quiet rare. Hope this help,,, ?

Tnmountains

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread