Fort Lauderdale Florida
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur
Minelab Sovereign GT
Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The ocean was rough last night but I still managed to keep my gold streak intact with one large chunk of gold jewelry. 14K two tone gold mariners cross with 14 diamonds, weighing a healthy 3/4 of an ounce. I also found three silver rings, a thin silver chain and a couple of silver ear rings using the CTX 3030.
Good luck everyone
Gary

Attachments

• DSCF1923.jpg
    DSCF1923.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 791
Upvote 0

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome gold there! Still searching for my first land based find with E-Trac here!

rickv14623

Dec 24, 2012
upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wonderful find! Hope the diamonds test real, (though they should)

cubicleking

Jan 24, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT, Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
That is a sweet looking pendant. I found a cross yesterday, but said Jerusalem on the back and little rusty. Still trying. Man, I admire your work. Ya' know I got 2 of your books couple months ago. Maybe you can give me some one-on-one training (but, your probably thinking - NOT!). I'm just north of you, not like we'd be in each others area. Your well respected and congrats on the streak.

I'll keep trying to find lady luck.

Beach Papa

Apr 25, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark VLF
Whites Dual Field PI
CTX 3030
Aquasound (custom made)
Primary Interest:
It looks like you didn't even need a metal detector to find that one, you could have tripped over it..... Awesome find as usual. I may post the little silver ring I found yesterday. Pales by comparison, but it is a ring. Keep it up Gary. Blessings, Beach Papa

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
That is a stunning medallion find, Gary!

Lorraine

OP
OP
Gary Drayton

Gary Drayton

Dec 28, 2007
Fort Lauderdale Florida
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur
Minelab Sovereign GT
Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the replies, this pendant was solidly built and the stones are real diamonds. I have found many crucifix and crosses but this is my first mariners cross. I searched long and hard for the chain it came off in the metals mode but I could not find it and really took a beating in the surf. Pity about the missing chain but I am quite happy with the pendant.
Good luck this weekend
Gary

s1u2r3f4

Oct 15, 2011
On the brink....
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II
Minelab Explorer ll
Sov Gt
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The ocean was rough last night but I still managed to keep my gold streak intact with one large chunk of gold jewelry. 14K two tone gold mariners cross with 14 diamonds, weighing a healthy 3/4 of an ounce. I also found three silver rings, a thin silver chain and a couple of silver ear rings using the CTX 3030.
Good luck everyone
Gary

Congrats Gary! But I am coming to the realization that if you hunt where poor people swim it is an exercise in frustration! Keep on keepin on!

baywalker

Bronze Member
Aug 24, 2011
Southwest Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett & Fisher
Minelab Excaliber II
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That has got to be the biggest mariners cross I have ever seen, as always you find the most exceptional treasures .

cubicleking

Jan 24, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT, Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Congrats Gary! But I am coming to the realization that if you hunt where poor people swim it is an exercise in frustration! Keep on keepin on!

Maybe that's my problem - poor people. lol.

That mariners cross probably came from the big guy in the speedo thats' in the southern comfort commercial. lol - that's what i'm picturing.

There's at least 3 others that frequent my beach. I call it my beach since it's literally across the street. Hate when I stop to talk to one of them and they say they found a ring, not a stellar one, but they are finding them. Yet there may be hope, but I'm not finding squat.

Time to read G's books again.

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What can you say.... thats just a gorgeous find Gary. Looks like one for the collection box.

Dew

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a beauty Gary, I've also been lucky with my new 3030 over a hundred grams of gold since February 1st, have already paid for the machine, Love it.HH.:notworthy:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread