14k mens Art Deco Paul Buhre (Pavel Bure) Watch

1treasurehunter1

Feb 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Garrett Sea Hunter MK2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everyone,

I came across this awesome funky looking art deco mens watch by pre-revolution Russian maker Paul Buhre or Pavel Bure.

I really like the exaggerated explosive numericals, for some reason it reminds me of Alice in Wonderland.

The watch is not hallmarked but acid tests 14k. The crown is loose and the thing next to the crown is sticking out. I would like to repair this watch but was wondering if it would be worth it? The movement looks good. Its a windup. Any rough idea of how much it would cost to repair the watch from best case to worst?

Oh yeah, only paid $25. :)

Here is a similar one on ebay (with a 14k bracelet):
Vintage Russian Gold Pavel Bure / Paul Buhre Wristwatch | eBay

20170328_110736.jpg
20170328_110814.jpg

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! That's an outstanding find and that would have definitely caught my attention had I come by it. Not sure who'd you have repair it and the cost depends. I've used a guy in Boulder, Colorado called Rocky Mountain Time Zone. He put a ultra thin main spring in a Audemas Piguet I got fixed to resell. He's a 2nd gen watch maker and his son received his apprenticeship under the guidance of Jeager LeCoulte. He's pretty good and well known to many collectors. I see him in the post office all the time sending watches back to his customers​.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's worthless...send it to me!!! It's an awesome fine but I am surprised it is not hallmarked. Russia was pretty stringent about marking their jewelry. As for the pin, I believe it to be a pin set. You use the crown to wind the watch and press the pin then use the crown to set the watch. Great find!

Spartcom5

Feb 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow that is a stunning watch!! Don't stop there though. Post some pictures of the movement and the inside case back!

Spartcom5

Feb 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a really great watch you have. I have never seen a solid gold watch with no hallmarks of any sort? This is definitely a great find. Do you plan on keeping it? I know I sure would. I would die to wear it!

OP
OP

1treasurehunter1

Feb 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Garrett Sea Hunter MK2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a really great watch you have. I have never seen a solid gold watch with no hallmarks of any sort? This is definitely a great find. Do you plan on keeping it? I know I sure would. I would die to wear it!

I definitely plan on keeping it! I also find it strange that there are no hallmarks. The similar one on ebay has later gold hallmarks from the 1920s when the watch itself dates from before 1920. I wish I could somehow contact the Pavel Bure company and ask.

Spartcom5

Feb 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you really want to know more about it I know for a fact Vintage & Pocket watches they could help. They'd know what the movement is when it was made or about when. That's the best place for vintage watches. I think this is definitely worth a post over there, don't ask for a valuation though haha

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread