DJWEHAGE

Nov 30, 2012
Aberdeen, MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ 21, CZ20, CZ 7a Pro, Equinox 800, Stealth 920xi
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Got in a few hours after work. Rain held off. Water was high and wind was blowing so I stayed shallower than usual. First keeper was the Merc.
46098D4B-9E26-4818-AB61-7B50F208815C.jpeg

I hadn’t found gold this shallow until this 14k surfaced:
8B7B5714-8058-4A6E-B724-48D5BB3E6B03.jpeg

Found a few other items and was getting ready to call it a hunt when this 1965 school ring came to light:
B456638D-2EF5-4D39-94EB-6D9B4AA5F57B.jpeg

Thanks for looking and happy hunting!

Big Dave

Upvote 0

TomNWMI

Feb 5, 2006
NWMI
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Musketeer, Tek G2, Omega and a Fisher ID Edge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Super job once again!

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Dave you are taking no prisoners in that place!! Cleaning up! :skullflag:

I'll be up that way this weekend, have several old beaches I want to check out. Hopefully the water is a little cleaner up the rivers. I'm afraid to take the ski out down here, so much trash and debri in the water just not safe. Have you been back to F^P this year, I've not been there in months. Need to keep a eye on that spot, did me good at the end of last year.

OP
OP
DJWEHAGE

DJWEHAGE

Nov 30, 2012
Aberdeen, MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Dave you are taking no prisoners in that place!! Cleaning up! :skullflag:

I'll be up that way this weekend, have several old beaches I want to check out. Hopefully the water is a little cleaner up the rivers. I'm afraid to take the ski out down here, so much trash and debri in the water just not safe. Have you been back to F^P this year, I've not been there in months. Need to keep a eye on that spot, did me good at the end of last year.

Just once, a few weeks ago. With this new spot, I haven’t even thought about going back! LOL. It certainly makes fresh drop hunting much less desirable, for sure!

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
It certainly makes fresh drop hunting much less desirable, for sure!

Amen to that Dave! Only thing fresh drop hunting has is there's a chance of a big diamond ring or a nice gold chain. I've yet to find either.....But you get into a good spot and the old places can spoil you!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
up here there is just so much competition in the fresh drop dept. - my old spots are getting thin - but most times I like my chances more
I live about 2 hrs plus from salt water spots and tons of guys live right down the street - so in season its all timing - hoping they have not hit in a few days
- got a handful of fresh water spots but many of the guys that used to do dry sand bought AT-Pros so they can do both and now got lots of
guys hitting those fresh water spots too. Tough to find an old fresh water spot round here - most they don't allow detecting anymore or they are really over grown and not used any more - I know a few that may be gold mines but since people don't swim there - they are mucky and have 2-3 feet of grasses
on bottom and almost impossible to swing. --- BUT keep at it Dave ! Hope you are hunting in auto tune and trying to get it all :thumbsup:

OP
OP
DJWEHAGE

DJWEHAGE

Nov 30, 2012
Aberdeen, MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
up here there is just so much competition in the fresh drop dept. - my old spots are getting thin - but most times I like my chances more
I live about 2 hrs plus from salt water spots and tons of guys live right down the street - so in season its all timing - hoping they have not hit in a few days
- got a handful of fresh water spots but many of the guys that used to do dry sand bought AT-Pros so they can do both and now got lots of
guys hitting those fresh water spots too. Tough to find an old fresh water spot round here - most they don't allow detecting anymore or they are really over grown and not used any more - I know a few that may be gold mines but since people don't swim there - they are mucky and have 2-3 feet of grasses
on bottom and almost impossible to swing. --- BUT keep at it Dave ! Hope you are hunting in auto tune and trying to get it all :thumbsup:

ALWAYS auto tune! Hammering it as much as I can. Changing speed, direction, and attitude! The last school ring I found there was in an area I have gone over several times. Gives me confidence that there’s much more left to find! What’s nice about this spot is that I can hit it on my way home from work. I haven’t had that luxury in quite a while! Fresh drop has been bleak this year mostly due to the stormy weather. Not worth the drive which is over an hour for me. Hope action picks up for you soon!

biggmike

May 27, 2010
Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CZ7A Pro / CZ21 / F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful GOLD :icon_thumleft: I wish I could find more old stuff in the water here but 99.9% of my finds are new drops. I think I have found like 3 or 4 silver coins here in all my water hunting. Congrats....

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the nice finds! :icon_thumleft:

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold and Silver in the same day - Can't Beat That! Congrats!

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
I love those old style rings. well done! Would love to find oldies like that!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions