14th gold ring of the year

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
Interesting day, starting with yard work, painting, planting, trying to get ready for girlfriends son's graduation party, then time off for my daughters dance performance(she's 4), to getting out and taking home another gold ring(14k), then got to see a 1921 Morgan pulled out of the ground by a friend who borrowed my backup Explorer. I smiled and told him I wanted the detector back!! Since he borrowed the detector he's got a Merc, an IH, the Morgan, a gold ring, and some wheaties! He upgraded from a cheap Bounty Hunter. For those Bounty Hunter users, this is not a hit, just a lower end model($100 or less)!!

Attachments

• 517 007.jpg
    517 007.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 569
Upvote 0

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
beautiful gold ring ! hope the rocks are real to :o big congrats WTG :thumbsup:

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
14th gold ring of the year !!?? Where do you hunt,? I want to hunt with you!! btw have a detector I can borrow.. hhahaaha anyways congrats on your find...

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
14th,,, Wow!,,, you've been a busy man,,, Congrats!!!
Continued Good luck, & Happy hunting~

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Congrats, Jack, on your 14th Gold ring. It looks very nice with all that bling in it too. :o
Is this a higher than usual amount of gold rings for you at this time of year? Wondering if you're still digging the deep silver regularly too.

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

OP
OP
Jack(IN)

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
Captn_SE said:
Congrats, Jack, on your 14th Gold ring. It looks very nice with all that bling in it too. :o
Is this a higher than usual amount of gold rings for you at this time of year? Wondering if you're still digging the deep silver regularly too.

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Hey Dan, I've got more gold so far this year than the last two years combined. This ring here was found looking in trash for older stuff. Its where my friend found the 21 Morgan Dollar, and today another friend just pulled an 1892-O Barber. I guess I was the unlucky one, just a 14k gold with 18 small diamonds. ;D

I'm digging the older less this year and concentrating on finding enough to buy an Excal with clad, the rings are going to make it easy now!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread