15 Boxes results and first full roll

TheNotoriousA.G.

Apr 29, 2013
Detector(s) used
Hands & Ears
Primary Interest:
Other
15 boxes this week. Trying the "Less is more" approach, and it paid off.
Out of the 15 boxes I found 14 40%ers which is better than my last few weeks average (.5 coins/box avg).

Now the the awesome news. While I was dumping today ($4,500 at two banks), I decided to stop at a branch that had provided my first teller tray score. Asked for "Halves and Ikes, anything you have," and the friendly teller said "I don't have any, let me check with my window teller." So I waited a few minutes while she checked, and told the people behind me I was sorry for the hold up. She comes back, "We have $300 in halves that someone brought in yesterday, how much do you want?"

Now, I debated in my head for a split second whether or not to grab them. I know, "always buy them all." But, I only had enough cash for my next pickup and didn't want to have to hit another bank for a withdrawal just to buy someones dump.

"I'll take them all." I calmly replied, after deciding to never break the first rule of CHR Club.

She takes all of the halves out of her little safe and brings them over. They look like a standard dump. I even spy a few marked with 80's and 90's on them. "Bummer," I think to myself. I say thanks and leave the bank, heading to grab some more cash for my next two pick ups.

Finally get home and decide to "get this over with" and go thru the $300 dump. Every roll is taped on both ends and marked with the decade. There are 70's, 80's 90's and even a bicentennial roll.

And then there was this roll...

IMG_20130518_125022.jpg

Looked the same as the others, unassuming at first. I didn't even catch the writing on it until I opened it. "1960s."

Klink, Klink, Klink! All silver!

IMG_20130518_125829.jpg

I couldn't believe it. I always thought that people finding full rolls were just super lucky being in small towns or something, and "that will never happen to me."

That $300 yielded 21 40%ers and 2 90%ers (all kennedy).

TLDR: 15 boxes and $300 CWR = 35 40%ers and 2 90%ers. My best week yet. :headbang: ALWAYS BUY THEM ALL!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread