15 inch coil for T2 Limited thoughts?

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got the same deal. Swung it a little on my test garden, but couldn't really get a handle on depth (I also got the T2 upgraded to DST, probably same with you) and was getting used to the new response of the T2. I will say the thing is HEAVY and kind of makes the T2 less of a balanced machine vs. the stock and smaller coils. I think I need at least a bungee harness to handle the weight. Planning on taking it with me for some relic hunting on CW sites in March and will get an idea of its depth.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use a make shift harness if I plan on swinging the 12" x 15" SEF coil on my F75. I use mine when hunting some fields, but mainly to go back over permissions that I had already gridded in 2 directions using the stock 9" x 11" DD. I dig darn near every repeatable signal, so that when I use the 15" coil, I can listen for the deeper targets. I

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread